The Nexus 5 can be update now with a new custom build of Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 ROM. Use this tutorial if you want to learn how to successfully install this new build of one of the most popular custom ROM ever released for Android devices.
If you want to install this PA 4.5 Beta 2 on your device you will first have to take a look at the preparation info below:
- use this post only with the Google Nexus 5, codenamed ‘hammerhead’.
– do not attempt to update any other Android devices with the files that you will find in this article.
- the Nexus 5 device has to be rooted and running the latest build of CWM or TWRP Recovery.
– both CWM and TWRP custom recoveries will work with this post.
- the tutorial will also ask you to create a NANDROID ROM and apply a Factory Reset, do not skip these steps.
– the NANDROID Backup is needed as it will set a restore point for your currently installed ROM.
– the Factory Reset for this tutorial will wipe the contents installed by the previous ROM.
– factory reset doesn’t remove any data from internal storage.
- if you wish to save data from installed apps, SMS text messages or any other type of file, then you should use Helium app from Google Play Store.
– Contacts and People details can be synced with your default Gmail account.
- check your phone’s battery charge and make sure that it is over 40%.
– it will prevent the device from switching off during installation.
- this is a guide that will need to be applied by advanced users who know how to tinker with their phone’s OS.
- do not blame us in case you brick the phone in the process.
- read the whole guide and don’t skip any steps.
Now that you’ve read all that you can continue to the interesting part of this post and learn how to properly install a custom ROM for your smartphone.
How to flash Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 for Nexus 5:
- Download the PA 4.5 Beta 2 ROM for Google Nexus 5 from here.
- Download the Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Connect your Nexus 5 with your computer, then move both zip files to your device’s internal storage.
– do not unzip the files.
– disconnect the phone from PC after the files have been copied successfully.
- Power off the phone now.
- Next, boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
– both CWM and TWRP are working with this guide.
- First thing that you need to do is to create a full NANDROID ROM Backup:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: Press Backup option.
– set a name for the backup file and confirm the process.
- Apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: Press Wipe.
– confirm process.
- Now, start the installation of Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 ROM for your Nexus 5:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’ option.
– TWRP: Press Install.
- Find the ROM zip file and confirm the installation.
- When the Nexus 5 finished the Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 ROM installation you can flash Gapps zip. Use the same options as in step 8.
- Return to the main custom Recovery screen and reboot the phone in normal mode.
– note that the first boot process of this ROM will take a while before it loads all the new files.
- Use your Google account info in order to take control over your device once again.
If the process fails, then you will need to repeat the whole guide more than once and make sure that you don’t skip any steps in the process.
If you need more help you can use the comments field below.