The PA 4.5 Beta 2 ROM is now available for the Google Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 2013 edition. You can learn how to install it by using the instructions listed below.
Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 ROM is based on the AOSP Android 4.4.4 KitKat, but it also features some Android L elements. If you wish to learn more about it you can visit the PA blog page here or read our news article here.
Before starting installation of Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 for your N7 device you have to read the following guidelines:
- use this tutorial only with the Google Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 2013 edition, it is also codenamed ‘flo’.
– do not attempt to update any other Android device with the files that you will find in this post.
- the N7 2013 Wi-Fi device should be rooted.
– also it has to run the latest version of CWM / TWRP Recovery, both custom Recovery variants are supported by this guide.
- make sure not to skip the extra preparation steps listed in the tutorial: NANDROID Backup and Factory Reset.
– the NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point, while Factory Reset removes the previous ROM and allow you to apply a clean installation of Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 ROM.
– factory reset will not remove any data from the internal storage.
- if you need help saving data from installed apps you can use Helium app for Android.
– sync Contacts and People details with your default Gmail profile.
- the tablet should have at least 40% charge left before it discharges completely.
- read the entire post, don’t skip any steps and you should be fine.
– note that we cannot be blamed in case you brick the phone, nor in case you lose any important data in the process.
Now that you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to update Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 2013 with Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 ROM:
- Download the ‘pa_flo-4.5-BETA2-20140805.zip’ ROM zip from here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Connect your tablet to your PC, move both zip files to its internal storage.
– disconnect the tablet form computer when you’re done copying all files.
– do not unzip the files.
– if you’ve used your device to download the files, then you can skip this step.
- Power off the Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi tablet now.
- Next, boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create a full NANDROID Backup of the currently installed ROM:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: press Backup.
– set a name for the file and confirm.
- Apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
– confirm the factory reset and continue with the rest of the steps when done.
- Start the installation of PA 4.5 Beta 2 ROM for your Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 2013:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Find the ROM zip file and confirm the installation.
- After the new Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 is flashed for your device you can install Gapps zip, too. Use the same options.
- Reboot the tablet in normal mode after all files are installed.
– the first boot process of this new ROM will take a while before it loads all the new ROM elements.
- Use your login info in order to take control over your Nexus 7 once again.
These were the instructions you had to follow in order to install Paranoid Android 4.5 BETA 2 ROM for your Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 2013 tablet.
In case the tutorial fails you should try to repeat all steps more than once. But, make sure that you don’t skip any steps and that your Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 2013 tablet meets all the requirements listed above the tutorial. Also, you can use the comments field below and ask for extra help.