Flash Test Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
In this article you will find all instructions you need in order to flash the latest Android 4.3 XXUEMJ5 leaked ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100. This guide is for advanced users and you should only install it for testing purposes only.
More info about what the XXUEMJ5 Android 4.3 firmware brings new can be found here. In order to successfully flash this leaked stock ROM on your device, you will first need to take a look at the preparation guide below:
- Use this post only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model number N7100.
- this is the Exynos CPU variant and you shouldn’t attempt to flash the files you find in this post on any other Android device.
- If your device is rooted, then the Root will be revoked and the device restored to stock status.
- if the phone has any custom ROMs, kernels or other customization files on it, then the entire storage of your device will be deleted.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers on your PC from here.
- Disable any antivirus apps that are currently running on your smartphone.
- Disable the Samsung KIES software from running on your PC. These apps will interfere with the updating process and you might not be able to finish the installation.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- if the Developer Options isn’t shown in Settings, then you need to go to About Phone section, open it and then scroll down to Build Number. Tap this section seven times and the Developer Options menu will be enabled.
- It is highly recommended for you to create backup for most important files stored on your device, so that in case something wrong happens then you won’t lose them.
- If the Galaxy Note 2 doesn’t boot after installing the Android 4.3 XXUEMJ5 firmware, then you will need to apply the ‘factory reset’ steps that are listed at the end of this post.
- the system partition will be deleted, but the Note 2 will boot in normal mode.
- Data from installed applications can be backed up using Helium app from Google Play Store here.
- Sync Contacts info and People details with your default Gmail account.
- in case you don’t know how to do that, then you can learn by reading this post here.
- This is a guide that should be applied only by an advanced user who knows how to use Odin, the Windows app needed to flash such firmware files.
- Before staring the installation you need to check the phone’s battery power charge level to make sure that it is over 50%.
- in case the smartphone powers off in the middle of the updating process then you will be forced to repeat the entire tutorial once again.
- Read the entire post, do not skip any steps.
- Note that you’re flashing this leaked Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware at your own risk and you shouldn’t blame us in case you brick the phone or lose any important files in the process.
- If you cannot complete the tutorial, then you should ask for more help in comments and we will try to come up with a solution for you. Make sure to leave a detailed comment.
These were all the guidelines you had to go over before continuing to the next part of this post.
How to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUEMJ5 leaked stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100:
- Download the N7100XXUEMJ5 leaked firmware zip from here.
- Extract the contents from the N7100XXUEMJ5 zip and you’ll get the ‘N7100XXUEMJ5_N7100OLBEMJ4_N7100XXUEMJ5_HOME.tar.md5‘ file.
- save the file on your desktop.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from here.
- extract the contents of this zip.
- Power off your Galaxy Note 2 now.
- Boot the device in Download Mode.
- Download Mode is booted by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power at the same time.
- release the buttons when the Warning! screen appears and press Volume Up to boot the Download Mode.
- Launch the Odin3 v3.09 on your computer.
- Next, connect your Note 2 with your PC via USB Cable.
- wait for Odin to say that the device was ‘added!’ and then continue to the next step.
- if Odin doesn’t recognize your phone, then you should try to plug it into a different USB port or re-install the Samsung USB Drivers for your PC. (download link is in the preparation guide above)
- Go to Odin window, click on AP button. Load the N7100XXUEMJ5_N7100OLBEMJ4_N7100XXUEMJ5_HOME.tar.md5. |
- do not change any other default settings.
- make sure that the Re-Partition option is not enabled.
- Click the START button when ready for the installation process.
- After the ROM is flashed you should see the phone rebooting and Odin will display the PASS message.
- Disconnect the phone from PC when the Android 4.3 home screen appears and then start testing the new firmware and features.
In case ODIN freezes, it displays the FAIL alert or some other thing is stopping you from completing the installation, then you should repeat close ODIN, then remove the phone’s battery. After that you need to re-insert the battery and repeat the entire tutorial once again. Make sure that you don’t skip any steps.
If ODIN says that the process was passed, but the phone is displaying too many force close errors or it freezes at the boot animation screen, then you will need to apply a factory reset. This will remove the system partition data, but it will at least force the device to boot in normal mode.
Here’s how to apply a factory reset for your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smartphone:
- Power off the device completely by removing its battery.
- re-insert the battery after five seconds have passed.
- Boot the Galaxy Note 2 in Recovery Mode.
- it can be done by pressing simultaneously Volume Up, Home and Power.
- release the buttons only when the stock Recovery screen is shown.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm the process.
- Return to the main Recovery screen when the Factory Reset is complete.
- Select ‘reboot system now’.
- Enter your Google Account details when the Android 4.3 home screen appears.
That’s it, these were all the steps you had to follow in order to install the leaked Android 4.3 XXUEMJ5 stock ROM for your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100. If you have any other questions, then you should post them in the comments section below.