The UVU1ANE5 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update has been released OTA and through Samsung KIES, but users of T-mobile Galaxy S5 that didn’t get the official firmware files can use our tutorial instead.
Use this tutorial if you want to learn how to successfully update the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 manually with the latest build of Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS. This new update brings several tweaks and improvements that should make your device run smoother and better than before.
UVU1ANE5 Android 4.4.2 KitKat can be installed on your device only after you take a look at the preparation guide below:
- use this tutorial only with the Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile variant with model number set to SM – G900T.
– don’t try to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this article.
– check your phone’s model number by going to ‘About Device’ section and checking the info listed under ‘Model Number’.
- download and install the Samsung USB Drivers for your computer.
- enable USB Debugging for your smartphone from the Developer Options menu.
- disable Samsung KIES and antivirus apps from running on your computer.
– these apps will block ODIN from running, that’s the app that we will use to update your phone.
- in case you have a rooted T-Mobile Galaxy S5, then the update will revoke root access.
– the warranty will be restored, too.
- if your device is running a custom Recovery, then this will be replaced with a stock Recovery image.
- if there is a custom ROM installed on your phone, then the updating process will remove all data from system partition.
- backup data from installed apps using Helium for Android.
- Contacts can be synced with your default Gmail account.
- make sure that your smartphone’s battery charge level is over 50%, so that the phone will not reboot in the middle of the updating process.
- use this tutorial only if you’re an advanced user.
- do not blame us in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any important data files.
- read the entire post and make sure that you won’t skip any steps that I’ve listed in this article.
Since you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this article and learn how to successfully complete the updating process of your smartphone.
Note that in case you can’t finish the tutorial at your first attempt, then you will be forced to repeat the entire tutorial more than once.
How to install UVU1ANE5 Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile:
- Download the G900TUVU1ANE5 firmware zip file from here.
– note that you will need to create a SamMobile account in order to download the file.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip and save the G900TUVU1ANE5 tar.md5 firmware file on your PC.
- Download Odin 3.09 from here.
– extract the contents of the Odin zip file and save them on your computer.
- Power off the Galaxy S5 T-Mobile device now.
- Next you will have to boot your device in Download Mode.
- Launch the Odin exe on your PC.
- Now you should connect your phone to your computer via USB cable.
– wait for Odin to detect your device.
– if the phone is not detected, then you should try to re-install the Samsung USB Drivers.
- Get back to Odin after the Galaxy S5 is detected as we will need to continue the updating process.
- Click the ‘AP’ button tab in Odin.
- Now you have to search for the ‘G900TUVU1ANE5′ tar.md5 file on your PC. Load it into Odin.
– make sure that the ‘Re-Partition’ option is disabled in Odin.
– do not edit any other default Odin settings.
- When ready you simply need to press the START button. Now the installation of Android 4.4.2 KitKat should begin for your smartphone.
- After the update is complete you will see your device rebooting and Odin will display the ‘PASS’ alert.
- Wait for your phone to boot in normal mode and then take control by entering your login details.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully complete the update of your Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile to Android 4.4.2 KitKat’s latest build.
If you need any extra help, then you can use the comments field at the end of this post. If this guide helped you complete the update then you can close the tab. If you encountered any problems, then it would be best for you to try and read the notes below.
Note 1: if Odin freezes or it shows the ‘FAIL’ alert, then it would be best for you to try and repeat the entire post more than once. Also, make sure that in case you do repeat the guide, then you won’t skip any steps that are listed above.
Note 2: if Odin says that the update has been passed, but the phone is unable to boot in normal mode and it enters into a boot loop, then you will need to apply a Factory Reset for your device. The Factory Reset process will wipe the system partition clean, but it will force the phone to boot in normal mode. Here’s how to do it:
- power off the phone completely.
- boot the device in Recovery Mode.
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
- reboot in normal mode and you’re done.