Are you looking forward in hard resetting your HTC One XL? In case you need to wipe the system of your Android smartphone then you are in the right place as during the present step by step guide we will be checking on how to easily perform a factory reset on your device. So, don’t hesitate and check the guidelines from below for getting further info related to this topic.
When using an Android powered device you will probably be tempted in completing custom and also risky operations such as gaining root access, updating with a custom ROM firmware, installing a custom recovery image and so on. Well, when applying such procedures you might also damage or even brick the system of your HTC One Xl, which means that you have to learn how to fix these problems by yourself, as in most cases the warranty will get void.
Now, due to same reasons and not only you should learn how to hard reset / factory reset your HTC One XL. By completing this procedure you can easily fix common Android issues such as boot loops, lags, bugs, force close errors or screen freeze issues. The hard reset implies in wiping the internal system of your HTC One XL, so you will restore your handset to its initial state. Because of that, it should be clear for you that all of your data will be erased. Anyway, don’t worry as this operation is official and can be applied also when looking into selling your phone or when trying to buy a device from your friends.
Now, if possible the best will be to backup your data before doing anything else. As I have already pointed out, applying a hard reset implies in losing your data that is saved on the internal storage memory of your HTC One XL and on your phone SD card. In that matter, use compatible backup and restore apps from Google Play and apply a proper backup procedure – mainly you should save your contacts list, your call logs, text messages, internet settings, market apps and personal data, info and accounts.
Don’t forget that this step by step guide is compatible only with the HTC One XL. Applying the steps from below might not work on other Android device and you can end up in messing things up if something bad happens while you try to hard reset or factory reset your handset.
How to hard reset HTC One XL
- Take your phone and if you can navigate through its menu then apply the following steps.
- Go to menu and then tap on settings.
- From there head towards Backup and Reset section.
- Of course pick the Reset option and optional Erase All Data.
- Just press on “ok” to confirm and then wait until your HTC One XL performs a hard reset.
- In order to use this method you should first learn how to enter recovery mode on HTC One XL.
- So, turn off your phone and then boot into recovery mode.
- From recovery mode select “wipe data factory reset”.
- In addition you can also pick “wipe cache partition”.
- Moreover go to “advance” and select “wipe dalvick cache”.
- After performing these operations go back to recovery.
- Select “Reboot system now” in order to boot Android OS once more.
There you have it; that is how you can anytime hard reset / factory reset your HTC One XL. So, complete the steps from above and use the method you prefer the most. Of course, don’t forget about us and share your thoughts and results by using the comments field from below. If there are problems or if you need some help, we will try to assist you as soon as possible.