Having problems with your LG G3? Well, your answer might be the hard reset operation. Almost each soft related issue that you might experience on your Android device can be easily and quickly resolved once a hard reset is being completed. The same can be applied when talking about your LG G3, so that’s why during the following guidelines we will be checking on how to safely perform a hard reset or factory data reset on your LG branded smartphone.
A hard reset or a factory data reset represents an official operation that can be performed on any Android based device. You can see this operation as an in built feature that can be accessed on your LG G3 anytime you want. The hard reset can be completed in two ways: by using a hardware button combination or by accessing the settings from your phone. Both ways can be easily and safely applied even by a newbie who is on his first experience, so you have nothing to worry about – also all the info needed will be detailed during the lines from below, so read the same in order to make a proper idea about this operation.
A hard reset might be required in various moments. For example you might want to factory reset your LG G3 before selling it or after buying the same from a friend or a colleague. Basically by making a hard reset you will erase everything from your device including your personal data, info and accounts. In a few words, you will restore your LG G3 to its initial state, the same that is provided when you first buy a new Android device. Due to same reasons, the hard reset operation is also recommended for fixing different soft related issues such as bugs, lags, force close errors, boot loops and so on.
These issues might be caused by other processes or by custom operations that were recently applied (such as gaining root access, installing a custom ROM, unlocking the bootloader, removing bloatware and more). Thus, by hard resetting your LG G3 you can unbrick your phone and fix almost all the soft based issues that are experienced in some situations (heating issues are being included in that matter).
As I have already pointed out, by factory resetting your LG G3, you will lose all of your data that is saved on the internal storage of your phone. So, that’s why you should make a backup (if possible) before going any further. In that matter you can use compatible backup and restore apps from Google Play in order to save your contacts list, call logs, text messages, market apps, internet settings, images, videos or audio files.
As you will see below, making a hard reset is similar with entering recovery mode on your LG G3, so you really have nothing to worry about; just use the method you prefer the most and complete this basic Android operation.
How to Hard Reset LG G3
Use Internal Settings
- Take your phone and tap on Menu.
- Then choose Settings.
- Go towards Backup and Reset and choose Factory Data Reset.
- Tap on Reset Phone and also choose Erase Everything.
- Agree with the alert and complete the hard reset process.
Use Hardware buttons
- Method 1
- Turn off your phone: press power button and select “power off” or press and hold power key for 5 or 6 seconds.
- Then press and hold power and volume down buttons at the same time.
- Release the buttons when the LG logo appears.
- Immediately press and hold power and volume down keys until the hard reset menu appears.
- If you can’t get it from the first time, just practice a little bit more, as you just have to be fast.
- Method 2
- Turn off your LG G3.
- Press Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
- The LG logo will be displayed; at the point release only the power button.
- Immediately press power key again until the factory reset menu if displayed.
- Method 3
- Turn off your handset.
- Press power and volume down keys at the same time.
- Wait for the LG logo to appear and release the buttons.
- Then, immediately press volume down and volume up buttons (simultaneously).
- Release the keys once the hard reset menu is being displayed on your LG G3.
Perfect; that was all for today. You now know how to easily and safely hard reset or factory reset your LG G3. Use the guidelines from below each time you need to complete this operation and also use the comments field from below for sharing your experience with us and with our readers. In case you have problems in understanding the steps from above, we will try to bring further explanations in order to make everything clear and easy to follow.