This tutorial will teach you how to boot your Nexus 10 tablet in stock or custom recovery mode.
Use this guide if you want to successfully learn how to properly boot Recovery mode and use its functions.
If your tablet uses a custom Recovery image than you already know what it does, but users that are beginners might not know that with this installed on their device they can basically gain access to tons of feature and functions. These are normally not available with a stock Recovery, but you can unlock them whenever you’re using a custom Recovery. In this post you can instructions on how to boot both Stock and Custom Recoveries such as CWM or TWRP.
The Stock Recovery for Nexus 10 tablet offers users the possibility to do the following actions: apply updates from ADB, wipe data and factory reset the tablet, wipe cache partition and rebooting the device.
Custom Recovery such as CWM or TWRP allows users to flash new custom ROMs such as CM, AOKP, Paranoid Android and others, allows custom kernel installations, format partitions, install themes, support for Nexus Toolkits, etc.
How to boot Stock Recovery For Nexus 10:
- Power off the tablet completely.
- Press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power, all at the same time.
- keep the buttons pressed for a couple of seconds.
- Release all buttons when the Fastboot Mode menu appears.
- Use one of the Volume buttons and select the Recovery Mode option.
- Press Power when Recovery mode is listed in the upper part of Fastboot menu.
- You will see an Android robot laid on its back. Press and hold Power, then press once the Volume Up button.
- The Stock Recovery menu should now be displayed on your device.
That’s it, this is how you boot Stock Recovery for Nexus 10 tablet.
How to boot CWM and / or TWRP Recovery for Nexus 10:
- Power off the tablet.
- Press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Release the buttons when the Fastboot Mode menu loads.
- Press Volume Up or Volume Down until you see the “Recovery Mode” text listed.
- Press Power to load Recovery Mode.
- The CWM / TWRP Custom Recovery menu will load and you’re free to apply any changes you wish.
If you have a rooted Nexus 10 tablet and you don’t want to reboot when the device is switched off, then you can always choose to install a Custom ROM that allows you add Reboot to Recovery option to the Power Controls menu. Alternatively you can choose to reboot to custom Recovery using an applications, learn how to do it below.
How to boot CWM Recovery for Nexus 10 with ROM Manager:
- Install ROM Manager app on your tablet — Play Store link.
- Launch the ROM Manager app on your device.
- Now you should press on the Reboot into Recovery option.
- CWM Recovery will reboot the phone and then boot to its main menu.
How to boot TWRP Recovery for Nexus 10 using GooManager:
- Install GooManager for Nexus 10 from Play Store — link.
- Launch GooManager on your device.
- Press the applications’s drop-down menu and select the ‘Reboot Recovery’ function.
- When the Nexus 10 boots in TWRP Recovery you will be done with the tutorial.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete this tutorial. Now you can take whatever action you wish using the Recovery Mode. If you have any other questions, then you should ask for extra help in comments, we will try to come up with a viable solution for any problems you encounter while applying the tutorial.