This guide will teach you how to successfully boot the Recovery Mode for your HTC One X smartphone.
A Recovery Mode allows you to apply various tasks for your device such as factory resetting the phone, installing custom ROMs with custom Recoveries, wipe data, wipe system partition only, mount partitions, install custom kernels with Custom Recovery, and more.
Below you can find three different methods for you to use, one that teaches you how to enter Recovery Mode using volume buttons and power, one that requires you to use ADB commands and another that is only destined to be used by rooted devices.
How to manually boot Recovery Mode for HTC One X
This method is easy to follow, but it might require you to pay a bit more attention while applying it.
- Go to Settings, tap on Battery and then un-check the box that says ‘Fastboot’.
- Next, switch off the phone completely.
- Wait for ten seconds to pass.
- Now, press and hold Volume Down and press Power then release it. Don’t release the Volume Down button.
- Bootloader Mode will appear.
- Select the Recovery Mode from all the other options.
- Press Volume Down to select Recovery, then press Power to boot into this specific mode.
That is it, this is how you can boot Recovery Mode for your device manually.
How to boot Recovery Mode for HTC One X via ADB:
Android Debug Bridge is a small utility that allows you to send command lines from your PC to your smartphone.
Make sure that you have the HTC USB Drivers installed on your computer first, as otherwise your One X phone will not be recognized.
- Download the ADB files from here.
- Extract the zip contents and place them on your computer’s desktop screen.
- Now you need to enable Developer Options.
- go to Settings on your phone, then open About phone and tap seven times on the ‘Build Number’ section.
- Go to Developer Options under Settings now. Enable USB Debugging. Confirm and continue to the next step.
- Connect your phone to your device and then confirm that you want to allow USB debugging. Press OK.
- Go to the folder you’ve created in step 2.
- Launch the ‘Boot into Recovery Mode.bat’ file.
- Wait for your device to boot in Recovery and you’re done.
In case you already have the ADB configured on your computer, then you can simply connect the phone to your PC. Use the “adb reboot recovery’ option in order to force your One X device to restart in Recovery Mode.
How to boot HTC One X Recovery Mode using Quick Boot tool
In case you own a rooted device and you wish to boot the Recovery Mode for your device using a small app, then you can follow the steps listed below.
Note that this guide will work only with rooted devices.
- Download and install the Quick Boot Reboot app from Google Play Store.
- Launch the application on your phone.
- Select the ‘Recovery’ option.
- Confirm and wait for the device to boot in Recovery Mode.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully complete the guide.
If you have any other questions, or you cannot complete the guide, then you can always ask for extra help in comments below.