Fastboot Mode for Xperia Z2 allows its users to re-install partitions, ROMs, system updates, and more.
In this article you will learn how to successfully boot your Sony Xperia Z2 in Fastboot Mode. The Features of Fasboot Mode are as follows: modify / flash system, modify or flash stock/ custom recovery images, wipe data, factory reset phone, apply updates for the already installed system.
Fastboot Mode is also known as Bootloader Mode, and you will learn how to boot it using three methods that i’ve listed in this article. One will teach you how to manually boot Xperia Z2 Fastboot Mode, one using ADB and the other one will require a small application.
Download and install the Sony Xperia Z2 USB Drivers from here.
How to manually enter Sony Xperia Z2 Android Download Mode
- Power off the phone completely.
- Make sure to plug the USB Cable into your PC, don’t plug it into your device just yet.
- Press and hold Volume UP button of your Xperia Z2.
– do not release the button.
- Plug the USB cable into your smartphone now.
- Fastboot Mode should appear and the phone’s LED light will be BLUE.
How to enter Xperia Z2 Fastboot Mode with ADB
Android Debug Bridge or ADB is a small utility that allows you to send terminal command lines from your Computer directly to your device.
This method is used usually by advanced users, but you should be able to learn how to apply it easily even if you’re a beginner. Make sure to read the entire tutorial below without skipping any steps that I’ve listed.
- Download the ADB Files from here.
- Extract the files in ADB for Fastboot Mode.
- Make sure that the Samsung USB Drivers are installed on your computer.
- Enable the USB Debugging for your phone.
– go to Settings, tap ‘About Phone’, scroll down and tap seven times on the ‘Build Number’ section.
– Developer Options will be enabled, go back to Settings screen and here you need to check the box listed near USB Debugging.
- Connect your smartphone to computer using the USB Cable.
– if the Xperia Z2 shows a pop-up menu you should confirm that you want to Allow USB Debugging for your PC.
- Go to the folder created in step 2.
- Double-click on the ‘Boot into Fastboot Mode.bat’ file.
- The device will not reboot in Fastboot Mode.
If the script fails, then you should try to re-install the Sony Xperia Z2 USB Drivers on your PC.
In case you already have installed ADB on your PC and you know how to use its functions, then you can simply open a terminal and enter the “adb reboot bootloader” command with the phone connected to your PC. It will boot your device automatically in Fastboot Mode.
How to boot Sony Xperia Z2 Fastboot Mode using the Quick Boot Reboto tool
This is a great tool that you can use in order to force your device to boot in Fastboot Mode. It is very easy to use, but you need to know that this will only work if your Xperia Z2 is rooted.
Devices that aren’t rooted will not support the Quick Boot app.
- Download and install Quick Boot (Reboot) tool from Google Play Store.
- Launch the app on your phone.
- Grant root access for it.
- To reboot into Xperia Z2 Fastboot Mode you will need to tap on ‘Bootloader’.
- The phone will now enter Fastboot Mode and you’re free to apply any changes you wish.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to learn how to successfully reboot your Xperia Z2 into Fastboot Mode.
For extra help use the comments field below.