Use this tutorial and learn how to Hard Reset aka Factory Wipe your Nexus 7 tablet easily in under ten minutes. Note that this guide will remove all data from your device and you might not be able to retrieve any of it.
Read the entire post and you should be able to complete the ‘how-to’ guide without problems.
Users are usually Factory Resetting their tablets or phones because these might get slow, are displaying various errors or force closing alerts, etc. Also, a Factory Reset becomes useful for those that wish to sell their Nexus 7 tablet and are looking for an easy method to wipe all data in one swipe.
This guide is helpful for users that have installed custom ROMs, kernels or any other type of customization file, as you will be able to easily get rid of all the 3rd party files without getting into to much trouble.
In this post you will find the Wipe Cache Partition steps, too. This one can be used only if you wish to refresh the installed apps and the entire UI of your Google Nexus 7, as it won’t wipe any type of personal data nor installed applications.
Factory Reset can be applied from within your tablet’s Settings menu or you can choose to use the stock / custom Recovery Mode.
However, before starting the process you should take a look at the preparation info below:
- use this guide only with the Google Nexus 7 tablet.
- check the tablet’s battery charge level and make sure that there is enough power before the device switches off.
– if the Nexus 7 powers off in the middle of the hard / factory reset, then you will be forced to repeat the process more than once.
- if you want to backup data from installed apps, SMS text messages or other similar files with Helium for Android.
- sync Contacts info and People details, so that you won’t lose any important data in the process.
– if you don’t know how to sync such data, then you should read the info listed here.
- this guide should be applied by advanced Android users, do not attempt to Factory Reset your device in case you’re a novice.
- note that we cannot be held responsible in case you brick the tablet or damage it in any other way.
- read the entire post, don’t skip any steps and use the comments field in case you need any extra help.
Now that you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to wipe your device clean.
The first guide will teach you how to wipe clean the cache partition, this will wipe the tablet. If you want to go ahead with the Hard Reset of your device, then you should skip the first guide and use one of the others.
How to wipe cache partition for Nexus 7:
- Power off your tablet completely.
- boot the Nexus 7 in Recovery Mode.
- select the ‘wipe cache partition’ option from the main recovery screen.
- confirm process.
- select ‘reboot system now’ in order to boot the tablet in normal mode.
Test the applications and see if there are any errors displayed or test some apps that need a lot of power and see if your Nexus 7 is lagging.
If you want to wipe your device clean, then you should try one of the guide below.
How to Factory Reset Google Nexus from Settings menu:
- Open the App Drawer menu.
- Find the Settings icon and open it.
- Select “Backup & Reset” option.
- Press on “Reset tablet”.
– enter your PIN or password in case the Nexus is password protected.
- Tap on “Erase everything” and confirm process.
That is it, the Nexus 7 will be wiped clean after the process is complete.
If you want to use the Recovery Mode, then you should the guide below.
How to Hard Reset Nexus 7 from Recovery Mode:
- Power off the tablet.
- Boot it into Stock or Custom Recovery Mode, it depends on what type of recovery image you have installed on it.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
- Confirm by selecting ‘yes — all user data’.
- Reboot your phone in normal mode.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete this guide. If you have any other questions, please use the comments field and we will try to come up with a solution for any problem you’ve encountered in the process.