If you own a HTC One smartphone and its interface got so bad that you are looking for a way to hard reset it, then you’re in the right place. This guide will teach you how to successfully apply a factory reset / hard reset for your One M8 2014 phone easily in under ten minutes.
A hard reset, factory reset or a master reset, it doesn’t what you want to call it, gets your phone to its original state while wiping all the data that is stored on it. If you closely follow all the info that I’ve listed in this post, then you should be able to complete every single step and learn how to wipe all data on your device and unbrick the device.
Note that after you’re done with this tutorial, then you will return the phone to its state and the UI and OS will be restored back to how it looked the first day you unpacked the phone.
Here’s what you will lose after applying Factory Reset for HTC One M8: the Google Account / Accounts, all the other accounts used with other applications, personal data files you’ve synced up until now, SMS, emails, calendar events, system data, applications settings and data, downloaded applications, music, photos, videos, docs and other similar files, etc.
If your HTC One M8 still works, then you can choose to use the Helium app to backup data from installed applications — download link here.
If you want to sync Contacts info with your default Google account, then you can learn using the info listed here.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the tutorial.
Note that in some instances a Factory Reset might not wipe all the data stored on the phone, meaning that you will be forced to manually delete some files that are stored on external microSD card.
How to Factory Reset HTC One M8 from Settings menu:
- Open the App Drawer.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on ‘Backup & Reset’.
- Next, tap on Reset Phone.
- Now you need to select ‘Erase all data’ in order to wipe all files such as media, documents, and other similar data files.
- if you want to wipe all the data that is stored on the storage card, then you need to make sure to select ‘erase SD card’.
- Press the OK button now.
Wait for your device to complete the tutorial. After the process is complete your device will reboot automatically.
How to Factory Reset HTC One M8 manually:
In case the above tutorial doesn’t work, then you should try the manual method.
- Go to Settings, then open Power.
- Go to Fast Boot option and disable it.
- continue to the next step only when you will apply the above step.
- Power off the smartphone completely.
- Now, press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power.
- When the HTC One M8 screen displays the three Android image you can release both buttons.
- Now, press Volume Down to select the ‘Factory Reset’ option.
- Press Power and confirm process.
After you’re done you can reboot the phone in normal mode.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully apply a Factory Reset for your smartphone.