Erasing everything from your Androi device is not that easy. There will be always something left behind whether we talk about a process that runs in the background or some isolate files which are associated with an app which is no longer installed on your phone. But, with the help of the hard reset operation you can succesfully wipe everything in order to partially restore your Asus Zenfone AR back to stock (only be reinstalling the Android OS you can make a full restore).
So, during this dedicated step by step guide you can learn more details about the hard reset, or factory reset as both terms are describing the same process. During the same lines you will be able to review the advantages and the risks implied, you can learn how to prepare your Zenfone AR for the wiping process and of course, you can check how to properly complete this operation – I will show you the two ways in which the hard reset can be applied on the Asus Zenfone AR.
Now, making a hard reset is not only about clearing your data. Of course, during this process your personal files and basically everything that’s not there from day one will be removed, but the results can be used for smartly dealing with other unpleasant situations.
For example, a hard reset can help you an unresponsive program, a malicious app or even a malware. These problems are usually causing malfunctions within the Android core system such as boot loops, lags, hangs, bugs, force close, screen freeze, battery drain, heating situations, signal strength problems, or total blackouts. Thus, the factory reset can help you unbrick a soft bricked Asus Zenfone AR.
Aditionally, the factory reset can speed up your phone, if you recently noticed that the Android UI is not that fast anymore. Moreover, this is the best way in which you can secure your files if you are planning to sell your handset – of course, first you should make a backup. And that’s not all since the hard reset operation is required during certain tweaking procedures such as flashing custom ROMs – a custom ROM can smoothly run only if a wipe is firstly ensured.
The hard reset is in fact a built-in feature that can be anytime initiated on your Asus Zenfone AR. This operation is supported by your OEM or by Google therefore you can complete the steps from below without problems and without having to use complex or risky tools. The warranty of your device won’t get lost while you resume the guidelines from this tutorial and you can succesfully use the steps from below even if your phone is rooted, unlocked, powered by a custom ROM and so on.
The only risk is of course related to your data. As already outlined, everything that’s not there from day one will be erased from your Asus Zenfone AR. Therefore, you sholdn’t complete this process before making a general backup. Only in this way you can secure your contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos, audio files, market apps, internet settings, calendar info, saved passwords, IMEI / NVRAM data and so on. Of course, if a custom recovery image can be used you can also consider in making a Nandroid backup for extending the backup and restore initiative.
For being able to safely complete this tutorial your smartphone should have enough battery power left – around 50% should be enough. If the power is too low your device will most likely get turned off while you try to hard reset its system. Unfortunately, if the process is interrupted, various issues can cause malfunctions within the Android core system. So, it’s important to charge your Zenfone AR first if that’s required.
How to Hard Reset the Asus Zenfone AR
- For this method to work your device must be turned off.
- So, start by pressing and holding the Power key for a few moments or by pressing the Power button once and selecting “power off”.
- Also, wait a few moments while this shut down process is completed.
- Then, you will have to enter recovery mode on your Asus Zenfone AR.
- In recovery use the Volume Rocker keys to scroll up and down and the Power button to select.
- So, from recovery choose the “wipe data factory reset” option and wait while the hard reset process is being automatically completed.
- Optional: you can also clear app data cache by picking “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- When done, return to main menu of recovery.
- From there select “reboot system now”.
- Unlike the first method, this one will require a ‘powered on’ smartphone – you will hve to use built-in settings.
- So, switch on your device and then tap on Menu and go to Settings.
- From Settings choose the Backup & Reset option.
- Afterwards select the Factory Data Reset and Reset Phone fields.
- If propted enter your safety code and also agree with all the alerts that are being displayed on your Asus Zenfone AR.
- In the end select Erase Everything and just wait while the factory reset is being automatically completed.
- When done, reboot your phone as that’s all.
These are the two methods that can hard reset your Asus Zenfone AR. The system of your phone should be now cleared and restored back to its initial state which means that everything should run smooth and without any sort of problems. Stay close for further tips and also tell us if you are dealing with other issues on your device – we will then try to assist you as soon as possible.