How to Manage Google Calendar Events with your Phone via SMS
Google Calendar is a great way to organize your life and it comes with some simple to use applications that can manage its content, but let’s say you don’t have an internet access on your phone and you’re on the move, then what do you do? It’s simple, you can add events to your Google Calendar by SMS only, here’s how:
- Go to the Google Calendar site, click on the gear in the upper right corner and select Settings.
- Go to Mobile Setup and enter your phone number, then click on the Send Verification Code button and wait for the code to be sent to your phone via SMS.
- Once you’ve entered the code and finished the setup, you will be taken to the Google Calendar notifications area. Here you can choose when and how you’ll receive notifications.
- Add the Google Calendar to your contacts with this number 48368.
- Start adding events to your Google Calendar by sending simple SMS messages. Here’s an example: “Go shopping 3:30pm tomorrow” or through logic: “<Your event> <time> <day>” and don’t use quotes in the SMS.
If you want to stop using the SMS features of Google Calendar, send STOP to 48368 and you won’t receive any notifications or be able to create events through SMS. If sending SMS to the GVENT number doesn’t work it means that your carrier doesn’t yet support Google Calendar, check the list of carriers that support this feature.