How to Quickly Change Boot Animations using Boot Animation Manager
Perhaps the biggest perk of the Android OS is the ability to fine tune it to your needs. This is especially true for the rooted devices out there and while most people tend to be happy with the content that came preinstalled on their device, like the live wallpapers, the launcher and many more, there are still a couple of folks who take things one step further. These guys usually find rest and feel right at home on the xda-developers website, and it is exactly this group of people that has managed to create a very nice application named Boot Animation Manager that takes care of your device’s boot animation.
If you happen to own an HTC you might have grown tired of the HTC logo on a white background displayed for the better part of a minute when you start up your smartphone. The same thing applies for users of Samsung made Android devices and many more. Thankfully, the developer community has made thousands of different and attractive animations that can take the place of that static logo. The only thing that kept users from installing these animations in their devices was the relative complexity of the installation process. This significant problem is now a thing of the past thanks to the Boot Animation Manager application.
This particular program runs in Windows and it allows you to install a new boot animation in a matter of second and it also helps you by proving a preview of animated images. In older to use this application all you have to do is to follow the simple instructions below:
- Make sure that your Android running device is rooted
- Make sure that the Windows computer you will be using has Java installed
- Download the Boot Animation Manager application from here
- Connect your Android smartphone via USB cable to the PC
- Drag and drop the boot animation you want to install on to the program’s window
- Preview the animation before installing it
- Make a backup of your original boot animation in case you want it back
- Push your chosen animation to your smartphone
- Restart your device to see the new animation in action
This is all you have to do in order to change your Android running smartphone’s boot animation, but if you don’t like any of the one found on the internet you can make your own and see how it would look like in the preview section of the Boot Animation Manager.