We have recently taught you how to unlock the Sony Xperia Sola bootloader, an operation which will be required for being able to complete the procedure which will be described during the following lines. Thanks to those of xda-developers we can now root the Sola system and this by using a file which once flashed into your phone’s internal system will guarantee the root access. Therefore the method explained here will be easy to understand and to apply, so you can be back on track in the shortest time possible.
Gaining root access means that you will be making changes over your Sola’s operating system and basic you will remove the factory restrictions from its system. In this way you can obtain a fully unchained device. But, this aspect is bringing a negative consequence: the warranty will be void. The same will happen when you will unlock the bootloader, so considering that you are reading this step by step guide, then the warranty should be already lost. In case if you are wondering, the warranty can be restored, but only if you choose to re-lock the bootloader; of course then the root access will be revoked.
You must learn how to root the Sony Xperia Sola if you are not satisfied by its performances or if you want to improve the same. After taking care of this aspect you will be able to make other operations with your smartphone. So, flashing a custom ROM, a custom recovery image or installing a beta / unofficial OS update will no longer be a problem for you. Gaining root access is the first step to make when you want to power up the phone’s capabilities. Also, there are many applications that require this process, so as you can see you have all the reasons for completing this step by step guide.
Leaving these details aside, you should now know what you need to prepare for the proper tutorial. First of all, as always, you need to have access to a Windows running computer, to your handset and to its USB cord. Then, you should backup the data stored on your Xperia Sola. There are cases when the data is erased, so you can risk in loosing precious info. For performing a full and safe backup you can use our tips from the list below, where you can also find the pre requisites needed for this method. Make sure you are not skipping this section as it’s the most relevant one.
- Backup the text messages by using dedicated backup and restore apps.
- Do the same for the call logs.
- The contacts can be easily saved by learning how to sync with Google or by using the Android cloud.
- Save the Internet settings too.
- Backup the current ROM if you have a custom recovery image installed ion your smartphone.
- Use a computer or the SD card for storing files like images or videos.
- Charge the battery of your phone first.
- Enable the USB debugging option from your device.
- Unlock the bootloader first.
- Make sure you apply this tutorial only for the Sony Xperia Sola handsets that are running the 6.0.B.1.564 firmware. If else, you can brick your devices.
- On your computer fastboot should be installed.
That being told, you can go and begin completing the steps. Don’t do things by yourselves just follow my directions. If you have questions or if you can’t understand one of my explanations, use the comments area from below.
How to Root Sony Xperia Sola
- As already stated, you must download a file which will be flashed on your phone’s system. So get the Kernel.elf from here and save it to your computer.
- Place the file to the same folder as fastboot.
- Take your Sola and turn it off.
- Then, reboot and enter in fastboot mode.
- For the fastboot mode you must hold on Volume Up key while powering the handset on.
- Up next connect the phone with the computer.
- Use the USB cord for this.
- Once connected, on the PC open command prompt. Just click on Start, then on run and type cmd. In the end press “enter”.
- On the command prompt window enter the command: fastboot flash boot kernel.elf.
- In the end, reboot the device.
- Disconnect it from the computer by unplugging the USB cable.
As promised, the process was short, safe for your device and easy to understand and to apply. Now, your Sony Xperia Sola handset is rooted so you can consider in applying more complex operations on it. Stay close as we will bring how to guides which will show you how to install a custom ROM or how to update your Sola smartphone. Furthermore, tell us if there is one particular procedure that you want to learn and we will try to bring a suitable tutorial in order to resolve your problems.