Unfortunately if you buy a Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 on contract it will come SIM-locked so you will not be able to use it on another carrier, either from your country or another one. In order to be able to use the SIM from another carrier, the Galaxy S2 must be unlocked. After unlocking your device will be SIM free and it will be working with virtually any SIM.
Before we begin the unlocking guide, you have to know that your Galaxy S2 must be rooted, so its warranty will be void. Please note that you are doing this at your own risk and there is a risk of bricking your device. We tested both the root and unlock methods and have proven to be safe, but you need to make sure that you follow all the steps and don’t miss anything.
Once your device is rooted, you will have to download and install an app from Google Play and then run it. Here’s what you have to do:
- Download and install Galaxy S2 SIM unlock here.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is at least 30% full, because it might take some time.
- Launch the application and tap “SIM unlock code”.
- Once you get the code, note it down and shut down your device.
- Insert a SIM from a different carrier and turn on your phone.
- When your Galaxy S2 requires you to insert the code, use the one you noted down.
- If the code works, your device is now unlocked. But if it didn’t, you should NOT try it again because your device might get freezed.
Please let us know if you managed to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S2 or if you’ve had any problems and we will do our best to help.