Use this tutorial if you want top learn how to successfully stream video between your desktop screen and Chromecast. This is a brand new feature that is supported by Chromecast as it is experimental and it should work great with your computer.
Chromecast is one of the most sought-after gadgets created by Google and will surely become one of the most popular things that Chrome / Android users will want to use when it comes to stream video media from their PC to their TVs and other similar devices. At the moment, you can share independent tabs in Chrome directly through Chromecast, but there is a workaround that you can use into tricking your PC to stream the full desktop screen. You’ll learn about it by reading all the info in this post.
Here’s how to successfully stream the entire desktop screen to your TV:
- Make sure to connect the Chromecast dongle to your TV.
- Configure Chromecast for a normal use.
- Launch Chrome.
- Download and install the Google Cast Chrome extension from here.
- Open the Google Cast extension and click on the drop-down arrow.
- Select ‘cast entire screen (experimental)’ option.
- That’s it, test the feature and tell us in comments how’s it working with your PC.
It seems like at the moment the Audio is not being streamed by the TV, which means that this is not a final bug-free release. It is expected for all bugs to be fixed with newer builds, so that you will manage to get the best out of Chromecast.
The full desktop screen streaming between your computer and TV should work fine. Tell us in comments how’s the Chromecast extension for Chrome working with your device and if you find any bugs while testing it.