Since the launch of Samsung Galaxy S4 we’ve received requests to post an article that will depict a detailed method on how to capture a screenshot with this specific device. So, you can find the tutorial below and any user who doesn’t know to take a Galaxy S4 screenshot should follow the instructions.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 device has an easy button combination for taking a screenshot of the entire display, but it also features an S Function that allows you to create a screen capture with a simple swipe of your hand.
Taking a Galaxy S4 snapshot is easy and you might never know when you will need it. I usually use it whenever I need to explain some interesting Android settings and features to some of my friends, as it is easier to simply take a screenshot and then forwarding the photo to them.
First we will start with the stock method of capturing a Galaxy S4 screenshot, the one that requires you to press a few buttons. Read this entire tutorial and make sure to ask for any help in comments in case you cannot complete the task successfully.
How to take a Samsung Galaxy S4 Screenshot
This will work with any Samsung Galaxy S4 model or variant, rooted / non-rooted for both Stock and Custom ROMs. If you have installed a custom Kernel, then it might not work and you should read the kernel’s features and functions before trying to take a screenshot.
- Go to the Galaxy S4 screen that you wish to save a photo of.
- Press and Hold simultaneously Power and Home buttons.
- Hold the buttons pressed until you hear the Shutter Sound and you see a frame appearing on your screen.
- Go to the Notification panel of your Galaxy S4 and open the preview screenshot.
- Use the Gallery Share button to send the screen capture.
Make sure to press the buttons at the same time for the screenshot to be created. If it doesn’t work at your first attempt, then you should keep trying as it will eventually work.
How to take Galaxy S4 Screenshot with a hand swipe
This feature is present on all Galaxy S4 TouchWiz UI models. It might not work with Custom ROMs that are removing the TouchWiz S features entirely.
- Go to App Drawer.
- Launch Settings.
- Go to Motion.
- Scroll down the settings and find the option named Hand Motion.
- Find Palm Swipe to Capture.
- Tick this option box.
- Close the Settings menu, find the screen or app that you wish to take a screenshot of.
- Extend your palm like you were about to chop the Galaxy S4 screen.
- Hold your hand vertically over the screen and then simply Swipe across it.
- If this is done correctly you will hear the camera shutter sound and the screen capture photo is saved in Gallery.
These were all the steps that you had to read, now you can test one of the methods listed above.
If you find these Galaxy S4 screen capturing methods too advanced to apply, then you might want to try a Google Play Store app such as Screenshot by Lovekara. For any questions use the field below.
Keep in mind that in case any method you use fails at the first attempt, then you might want to repeat the actions several times before you get it right. Practice makes it perfect and after a while any method you will use will feel natural.
If you Galaxy S4 runs a custom ROM, then you can use the 1st method or check the ROM’s Settings menu and find the Display > Screenshot feature section. Usually all custom ROMs are packing a screen capture functions, so you should be able to find it easily.