The Nexus 4 was launched last year and some owners still don’t know how to take screenshots with their smartphone, which is why I’ve posted this article. Read the entire post and you will learn how to successfully take captures of your phone’s screen and actions that you’re currently running on your device.
Taking a screenshot on the Nexus 4 is one of the easiest tasks that you will ever need to perform on any other Android device. Remember that you will be able to use this guide on any Google / LG Nexus 4 rooted or non-rooted phone. You won’t have to install any applications, as you simply have to press a couple of buttons and then screenshot will be created.
All the screenshots that you’re taking on your Nexus 4 are saved to your Gallery app in the Screenshots album. Taking a screen capture feature is great for a various reasons, I’m using it to capture video game best scores, create notes and attaching images, troubleshooting applications, sharing info with your friends or simply for the fun of it. You can use applications to take screenshots or you can easily use the built-in feature of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS. This is one of the easiest ways to create a screenshot and then access it as it will be shown in the notification tray.
These instructions are working for all ROMs both stock and custom. Android 4.2 and later versions.
How to take a screenshot on Google Nexus 4:
- Enter the application or any area on your screen that you want to screen capture.
- The display has to be switched on, obviously.
- Press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
- When the screenshot is successfully taken you’ll see that it was sent to your Nexus 4 notification panel.
- Tap once on the image and it will open it.
- Now you can share them with your friends and simply access them whenever you please.
Remember that now you can access the saved screenshots from your Gallery application.
Alternatively you can browse the Google Play Store and use applications that are specially designed to capture screen images for Android devices.
How to take screen captures on Google Nexus 4 running CyanogenMod ROMs:
- Press and hold the Power button.
- Select the Screenshot option and tap once to create one.
- That’s it, the image will be saved to your device’s Gallery app.
These were all the instructions that you had to follow. If you cannot create a screenshot on your Nexus 4, then you should leave a detailed comment at the end of our post telling us exactly which Android OS / custom ROM you’re running on it.
Note that these instructions might work with Nexus 7 or Nexus 10.