This is the guide that you need to read in order to learn how to grab a screen of the HTC One smartphone.
Use this tutorial with the 2013 or M7 model of the HTC One, though the instructions should work with the new HTC One M8 2014 model.
Taking a screenshot saves you a lot of trouble every time you want to want to demo some features or capture error messages and alerts. This process of capturing screenshots of phones is an easy one as you simply need to press a couple of buttons and you will be done. Below you can find two guides and one application for you to test.
How to take HTC One Screenshots:
Below you can find instructions on how to take a screenshot using the Android method, one that it has been present on smartphone since the days of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Open the application you wish to take a screenshot of, or simply go to the screen that you want to capture.
- Press and hold simultaneously the Power and Volume Down buttons.
- Don’t release the buttons.
- You can release both buttons only when the screen flickers and a sound is played by your phone.
Go to the Notification menu and you will find the newly created screenshot. Also, you can find and open the screen capture file from the Gallery app.
An alternative method to take a screenshot of your device would be to use a key combination that is only available for HTC devices. Below you can find info on how to successfully grab a screenshot the HTC way:
- Go to the screen you want to capture.
- Press and hold Power, then press Home button icon.
That is it, now you can find the screenshot in Gallery app.
If neither methods listed above aren’t working, then it would be best for you to try and use the Screenshot app by Lovekara — Google Play Store link here.
These were all the steps that you had to take, now you’re free to start testing the methods above. If you have any questions you should use the comments field below.