There are users who might not know how to successfully connect their LG G2 with their computer, so we’ve decided to post a tutorial that will allow them to transfer files between the two.
Read the entire post and you should be able to complete the process in under five minutes easily without worrying about wiping any data nor other important files. You should install the LG USB Drivers first before continuing to the tutorial. Usually the newer operating systems are supporting all the LG smartphones, but in case your computer doesn’t recognize the phone, then you can choose to install manually those drivers.
Now that you know all that you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to transfer files between your G2 device and your PC.
- Use the USB Cable and connect your LG G2 with your computer.
- Open the LG G2 Notification bar.
- Tap on the USB Connection type section.
- Now, tap the option that says Media Sync MTP.
- Go to your computer and open the Windows Explorer.
- Find the removable driver that has been assigned to your LG G2 device.
- Create a folder on your computer and then browse your phone for the files that you wish to move.
- That’s it, after you’re done transferring the files you simply press the ‘Safely Stop / Remove the USB Phone’ option in Windows.
- Now, go to LG G2 Notifications bar.
- Press again USB Connected > Charge Phone and disconnect it from your PC.
That is it, these were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully move files between your LG G2 and your computer.
If you have any other questions, then you should use the comments field below.
Alternatively, in case the method above doesn’t work, then you can choose to install the AirDroid app on your phone. Get it from Google Play Store. On your computer go to web.airdroid.com and scan the QR Code with your phone. The connection will be established immediately. Use the in-browser AirDroid file explorer and grab the files you want to move to your PC.