Our pocket-able devices have suffered a massive transformation from the bricks of 10 years ago, and now we can boast with extremely thin and powerful smartphones. But they are not the only representatives of today’s mobile market, as their larger tablet brothers have made a market for themselves. The only thing that most new smartphone have in common is the touchscreen and of course, the form factor that comes with it. Nevertheless, the most important aspect of all our devices is the ability to store contact details, and while most of us rely on this ability to survive on a daily basis there are still some of us that have and use an extensive Yahoo contacts list. This article will show you an easy and secure way of transferring your Yahoo contacts to your Android powered device, regardless of its nature.
Just like your common Google contacts, the one that you will transfer over from the Yahoo counterpart will also be available on your Gmail account so that you can access them from anywhere. If you just want to sync your Yahoo emails with your Android device you simply need to use the free and very good Yahoo! Mail app but for the contacts you will have to follow the guide steps below:
- Firstly you will have to enter and login to your Yahoo Mail webpage from your computer.
- Next you will have to select the Contacts Tab. You can find it right next to your Inbox Tab on the top of the webpage.
- Now you will have to go to the Actions menu and then select the Export now option just like in the screen shot below:
- After clicking the Export now option you will be presented with numerous choices of the format you which to export your contacts in. You will have to click the Export Now button next to the Yahoo! CSV option.
- Now you will have to save the resulting file in an easy to reach location. We recommend saving it to your Desktop as you will be able to erase it after the guide is over.
This is the half point in our guide, and from here on you will have to do the part connected to your Google account and Android device:
- In the first step of this second half you will have to head to your Gmail page and login.
- After doing so you will have to go to the Contacts page, and the easiest way to do so is to click on the big Mail button on the top left and select Contacts from the drop down menu.
- Once in the Contacts menu you will have to click the More button in the top part and from there select the Import… option.
- Now you should see that a new page has appeared and it has an empty field and a Brose button right next to it. Click on the Brose button and select the file you exported from your Yahoo mail. After doing so click the blue Import button below.
- In the last step you will have to wait for the contacts to be added and simply edit or modify them to your taste.
If you want to show them separately on your Android device you could add all of these imported contacts to a new group of contacts or you could simply go to the People application on your Android device, press the menu key and then select the View option. From there you can select which contacts you would like your device to show.
This is all you have to do in order to transfer your Yahoo contacts to your Google account and this trick should also work with some other accounts since the Google account can handle .cvs files with ease. If you have any more questions please ask us in the comments section below.