In this post you will find instructions on how to successfully unbrick the Google Nexus 10 tablet using a full Android Factory Image file. Read the entire post and you should be able to complete the guide in no time.
Note that in case your device got bricked then the installation of a Factory Image from Google will remove all data from it and you cannot restore any files. Also, this guide can be used by those who are currently running a custom ROM or a custom Kernel that has been starting to fail or it lags.
Before starting the unbrick process you should take a look at the preparation info below:
- use this tutorial with any model of Google Nexus 10 tablets.
- do not flash the Nexus 10 Factory Image on other tablets.
- get the Google USB Drivers and install them on your computer.
– you will download a zip file and you should extract it on your PC.
– connect your tablet to your PC, then open Device Manager menu and Update the Driver Software for the Nexus 10 device by pointing the “updater” to the location where you’ve extracted the USB Drivers.
- enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
– if Developer Options isn’t shown, then you will have to un-hide it: go to Settings, then About Device and tap 7 times on the Build Number section.
- your tablet has to be on an unlocked bootloader.
- check your tablet’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent it from switching off.
- this tutorial flashes a factory image on your device which will remove all data in the process.
- this guide is for advanced users, do not blame us in case something goes wrong or the device becomes unresponsive.
- read the entire post and make sure that you won’t skip any steps.
In case your device isn’t bricked but you still wish to flash a stock Android Recovery, then you can choose to backup some data from installed apps, SMS or other similar data using Helium tool for Android. Contacts info and People details can be synced with your default Gmail account.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to unbrick your tablet device.
How to unbrick Google Nexus 10 using Factory Image from Google:
- Download the Nexus 10 “mantaray” Factory Image file from here.
– download the Android 4.x factory image that you wish to flash.
- When the download is complete you should extract the archived .tgz files on your computer.
– put the file in a folder on your desktop for easy access.
- Power off the Nexus 10 completely.
- Next, boot it in Fastboot Mode.
- Connect the tablet to your PC via USB cable.
– make sure to have the Google USB Drivers installed on your PC, so that the tablet is recognized by your computer.
- Open the folder created in step 2.
- Flash the Factory Image file by double clicking on the “flash-all.bat” file for Windows PC.
– for MAC or LINUX double click on “flash-all.sh’ file.
- The installation takes a while to complete which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons until the process is complete.
- After the Factory Image is installed you have to boot in Recovery Mode. Press volume up until you see the Recovery Mode option, then press Power to boot into it.
- Now, you need to Factory Reset the tablet. Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm process.
- Reboot your Google Nexus 10 in normal mode after you’re done.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete this tutorial successfully.
If you cannot complete guide, then you should ask for extra help in comments.