The CR Droid ROMs are very popular right now and they’ve reached the Android 6.0 development stage for all the Galaxy S4 LTE models.
If you want to install this custom ROM on your smartphone, then you should check all the info posted in this post.
crDroid Android 6.0.1 custom ROM brings all the stock Marshmallow and CM 13 basic features, as it is based on CyanogenMod 13 releases. If you want to learn more about this release, then you should check the CrDroid for Galaxy S4 LTE forum page here and its team Google+ Community here. Before installing this custom ROM you should make sure that your phone meets all crDroid 6.0.1 Marshmallow requirements.
This guide should be used only with the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 devices.
Check the model number of your device under Settings> About Phone and make sure that the I9505 version is listed.
Do not try to update any other different Samsung devices with the files that you will find in this post.
Your Galaxy S4 LTE device has to be rooted and it should be running the latest version of CWM or TWRP Recovery.
The installed custom Recovery needs to be updated to its latest build, so that it supports the new Android 6.0 custom ROMs.
In the tutorial part of this post you will find two extra preparation steps: the NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset process.
The NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your smartphone, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
The Factory Reset process wipes clean the system partition, it removes the old ROM and allows the crDroid Marshmallow ROM to boot successfully after installation.
Factory Resetting your phone will not remove any data from internal storage, but you will lose all the installed apps.
If you need to save any data from installed applications, then you can try Helium tool for Android.
Use this post only if you are an advanced user. We cannot be blamed for any data loss nor in case you brick the phone.
Read the whole tutorial first and do not skip any steps.
Check the battery charge, make sure that it is over 50%, as it will prevent the phone from switching off during the installation process.
How to flash crDroid Android 6.0.1 ROM for Galaxy S4 LTE I9505:
- Download the crDroid Android 6.0.1 ROM from here.
- Download Gapps for CM 13 ROMs from here.
- After the downloads are done you can transfer both zip files on your phone’s internal storage.
– when the files are moved you can disconnect the phone from computer.
– do not unzip the custom ROM files.
- Power off the phone.
- Next, boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID ROM Backup for this device:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’ option.
– TWRP: select ‘backup’ option.
– set a name for this file and confirm process.
- Factory Reset the device:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: select ‘wipe’ option.
- Now you can start the crDroid Android 6.0.1 ROM installation:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘install’.
- Find the crDroid 6.0.1 zip file and confirm its installation.
- After the ROM is done installing you should install the Gapps zip, too.
- When all files are installed you can reboot your phone in normal mode.
– note that the first boot process of this new ROM will take a while before it loads all the new files.
- Use your usual login info in order to regain control over your Galaxy S4 LTE.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the CrDroid Android 6.0.1 installation.
In case the flashing process isn’t completed at your first attempt, and the phone enters in a boot loop, then you will be forced to repeat the whole tutorial more than once. Make sure that in case you repeat installation, that you won’t be skipping any steps and that your phone meets all requirements listed above the tutorial.
Use the comments field below in order to regain control over your device once again.