The HTC One M8 smartphone has been released recently and you can use this tutorial in order to learn how to successfully update it whenever a new Android Update is released.
HTC will release new updates and tweaks for your One M8 smartphone after Google releases new Android builds. Check the instructions that I’ve listed below and you should be able to successfully flash such new Android updates without losing data nor by installing any new apps.
Note that this tutorial has to be used by advanced Android users and you should also make sure that the HTC USB Drivers are installed on your computer before starting this process. Read all the info listed in the tutorial and don’t blame us in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any important data in the process.
Make sure that your phone has enough power left in its battery before it completely switches off.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this article.
How to update HTC One to a new Android firmware release:
HTC One is capable of searching for new updates by itself, this means that you can set the phone to do all the work whenever a new Android Update is available for installation.
Here’s how to do enable HTC One M8 Automatic Update:
- Open Settings menu.
- Go to ‘About’.
- Tap once on the ‘Software Updates’ section.
- choose to download and install when a Wi-Fi network is available.
- if you don’t care about mobile data costs then get to the next step.
- Select the option that will allow you to automatically download new system upgrades, applications updates or both of these options.
- Now your device will be able to download new Android firmware updates.
From now on when a new update is available and it has been downloaded, the HTC One M8 will only ask for your permission to apply installation. Confirm the process and then wait until the new firmware installed.
If you don’t want for your phone to automatically download new Android updates, then you should follow the instructions below:
- If your phone is connected to the Internet and a brand new Android firmware update has been released for it, you will see its notification.
- Open the Notification slider and press the ‘System Update’ info widget.
- Choose the ‘Update over Wi-Fi only’ option if you don’t want to use mobile data connection.
- Press the ‘Download’ button.
- After the download is complete you should simply tap ‘Install’, then confirm by pressing the OK button.
- When the installation is complete your device will reboot in normal mode.
If there are any new Android update announced and released by HTC, but the firmware files haven’t arrived on your device, then you can always choose to manually search for them.
Here’s how to perform a manual search for new HTC One M8 Android Software Updates:
- Open the Settings menu.
- Press the ‘About’ section.
- Now you need to tap ‘Software Updates’.
- Your phone will look for new Android files, if there is any update then you simply have to confirm download and installation.
These were all the steps that you had to read in order to learn how to update your HTC One M8 with a brand new Android software version.
If you want to learn how to update applications then you should read the instructions below:
- Make sure that the Internet Connection is enabled on your device.
- Whenever there is a new update available for a specific app you will see an alert on the Notification panel.
- Tap the notification.
- Review the Updates info for all the listed apps.
- Press the update button in order to confirm process.
- If there are any major new updates installed, then you might be asked to reboot the phone.
I hope that you found this guide helpful and that you’ve managed to successfully apply an official Android Software Update for your HTC One M8.
Remember that we cannot be held responsible in case you lose any important data nor in case you manage to brick your smartphone. If you have any other questions, then it would be best for you to use our comments field below.