How to Update Nexus S 4G to Android ICS 4.0.4 IMM76 Firmware
Google’s Samsung Nexus S 4G ain’t seeing the light of day regarding official Android updates, but fear not, as we are here with a guide that shows you how to update the Samsung Nexus S 4G to the latest Android ICS 4.0.4 firmware. The update that this tutorial is using runs under the name of ICS 4.0.4 IMM76D Update and is a leak of the official Android ICS 4.0.4 for the Samsung Nexus S 4G.
As you’ve probably seen in my precedent how-to’s, I like to keep things simple, so let’s get going.
- We are not responsible for your actions.
- Backup your phone’s data as I think you’ll need it (irony detected).
- Charge the battery to a minimum of, let’s say 80% (I prefer 100%).
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging) be sure to have the checkbox checked.
Now let’s get to the real deal and install the Android ICS 4.0.4 Update on the Google Samsung Galaxy S 4G.
- Install the Nexus S 4G drivers on your PC so that everything runs smooth with no errors.
- Download the Android ICS IMM76D 4.0.4 Update and Odin.
- Turn off your phone and boot it in Download Mode (Volume Up + Down + Power buttons).
- Now that you’ve started the device in download mode, open Odin and connect the Nexus S 4G to your PC. Wait for the ID:[COM] area to turn yellow.
- Extract the downloaded firmware zip archive and go to Odin.
- Fill the BOOTLOADER, PDA and Phone fields with the following files (screenshot):
- SPH-D720_IMM76D_KE1_BOOTLOAD_signed.tar >> BOOTLOADER;
- SPH-D720_IMM76D_PDA_signed.tar >> PDA;
- SPH-D720_IMM76D_LC1_Modem_signed.tar >> Phone.
- Press the Start button and wait (around 10min) for the ICS 4.0.4 firmware to install on the Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus S 4G. When the update is finished, the device will restart and once it has restarted, remove the USB cable immediately and turn off the phone.
- Boot the Nexus S 4G in Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Home + Power keys).
- Once you’re in recovery mode, wipe the data/factory reset and partition cache.
- Reboot the system and you’re all done.
Victory, now you have installed the ICS 4.0.4 firmware on your Google Samsung Nexus S 4G phone. If you encounter any problems, feel free to ask for help in the comment section below.