Samsung has pushed the official Android 6.0.1 update for the Unlocked version of the LTE Samsung Galaxy Tab A with S-Pen. Check the info listed in this post in order to learn how to successfully flash this new firmware on your device.
These updates are being done by Samsung in stages and not all Galaxy Tab A users will get the new firmware at the same time as other lucky ones, which is why you can use a manual installation guide to bump your tablet to a new firmware build.
Before starting installation you need to check the guidelines below:
- use this post only for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A P355 LTE, the model with S-Pen.
– the version of your tablet has to be the SM – p355 and this can be verified under Settings> About Device section.
– do not try to update any other different Android devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- download Samsung USB drivers from here.
– install the USB drivers on your computer in order to make sure that your tablet will be detected by the PC.
- for the updating process you will have to use the Odin app.
– Odin needs the usb drrivers above to be installed and for the USB Debugging to be enabled on your tablet’s Developer Options.
- if you can’t find the Developer Options menu you should go to Settings> About Device and tap 7 times on the Build Number section.
– return to Settings and there you will now find Developer Options, open it and find the USB Debugging option that needs to be active.
– this will allow your tablet to detect your PC through Odin app.
- if you install the new update over rooted firmware, then you should know that root access is not going to survive the installation.
– also, any custom Recovery you have installed is going to be replaced with a stock Recovery image.
- the Android 6.0.1 update can be installed with Odin over custom ROMs, too.
– but, you will have to Factory Reset the tablet’s system partition after the update is done, as otherwise your device won’t boot in normal mode.
– the Factory Reset steps are listed at the end of this post and you need to apply them if you want your tablet to boot in normal mode.
– Factory Resetting the tablet is going to remove the data from system partition, but not data will be removed from the internal storage of your device.
- if your tablet runs 100% stock Android firmware you can get straight to the interesting part of this post and start the updating process, as no data files will be lost in the process.
- check the whole tutorial and do not skip any steps.
- this is a guide that you should use only if you are an advanced user, we cannot be held responsible in case you brick the tablet nor in case you lose any data in the process.
- check the battery charge level of your tablet, make sure that there is at least 50% charge left before the device switches off completely.
Since you’ve read all of the above you can get to the next part of this post.
How to Install Android 6.0.1 Update for LTE Galaxy Tab A with S-Pen P355:
- Download the Android 6.0.1 P355XXU1BPG2 archive file from here.
- After you are done downloading the file you should extract the archived contents.
– save the files on your PC.
– you should obtain the P355XXU1BPG2 tar.md5 firmware file.
- Download Odin 3.10.7 from here.
– unzip the contents.
- Power off your tablet.
- Boot it in Download Mode.
– Volume Down + Power buttons need to be pressed at the same to boot in Download Mode.
- Open Odin exe on your computer.
- Connect your tablet to PC via usb cable.
– wait for tablet to be added by ODIN.
– if your device is not detected you need to reinstall the Samsung USB drivers once more.
- Return to Odin main screen and open the Options menu.
Find Re-Partition and disable it.
It Re-Partition was already disabled you can get to the next step and avoid changing other default Odin settings.
- Go back to Odin and click on AP.
- Find the P355XXU1BPG2 tar.md5 firmware update file and load it in Odin.
- Press START to confirm the installation of Android 6.0.1 update for your Galaxy Tab A P355 tablet.
- When the new update is done installing you can see the tablet restart and the PASS alert should show up in Odin.
- Unplug the tablet from PC and use your default login info in order to regain control over the device.
I hope you’ve managed to complete the installation of this new Android 6.0.1 update for your Galaxy Tab A LTE (S-Pen model) tablet. You can close this post if the installation was successful and start testing all the new features.
If you need more help completing this guide, then you should check the info listed below.
If the FAIL alert shows up in Odin, then you will have to try and repeat the whole guide more than once until. If you repeat the flashing process of Android 6.0.1, then you will have to make sure that you won’t skip any steps and that your tablet meets all requirements listed above.
If the PASS message shows up in ODIN, but your phone doesn’t go past the boot animation screen or it enters in a boot loop, then you will be forced to ‘factory reset’ your phone.
The ‘Factory Reset’ steps are listed below and these should be applied by those that have installed the Android 6.0.1 update over custom ROMs, too.
Here’s how to factory reset your tablet:
- power it off completely.
- press Volume Up + Power to boot in Recovery Mode.
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
- after the factory reset process is done you can restart the tablet.
If you need more help completing this guide, then you should tell us in comments.