How to Update the HTC Rezound to the Official Android ICS 4.0.3 Firmware
We’ve seen many phones receive the Official Android ICS 4.0 update, either leaked of fully functional, and today we’re going to show you how to install the ICS 4.0.3 firmware on the HTC Rezound. As I’ve mentioned before, many official leaks have been flowing and this Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 is a leak for the HTC Rezound. We don’t know when the OTA update or HTC Sync will come, but until then, this will suffice.
No one but yourself can be held responsible for any damage that your device could suffer, which is very unlikely if you follow the steps correctly.
The HTC Rezound doesn’t have to be rooted in order to install this firmware. If the device is rooted, after the update is completed, your phone will lose its root access.
Take the necessary precautions and backup the phone’s data, charge the battery to a minimum of 80%, Enable USB Debugging (Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging – make sure it’s checked) and last but not least, make sure to uninstall or disable any anti-virus program on your PC and phone.
Now that you’re ready for the storm, let’s get going and install the Android ICS 4.0.3 Firmware on the HTC Rezound:
- Download the ICS 4.0.3 Firmware Package for HTC Rezound (Mirror | Mirror2) and rename the downloaded zip archive to PH98IMG (not to PH98IMG.zip, leave the .zip aside).
- Connect the HTC Rezound to your computer via USB and upload the archive to the SD card. Make sure to leave it on the surface, don’t hide it a folder that’s within other folders.
- Turn off the device and reboot it in bootloader mode (Volume Down + Power buttons).
- Once you’re in bootloader mode, select Recovery > install zip from sd card > choose zip from sd card and select the renamed file from your SD card.
- The ICS 4.0.3 Firmware will begin installing on your HTC Rezound and once the update is completed, you will be taken back to the Recovery menu.
- Select Go Back and reboot system now to restart the phone.
- If the phone doesn’t boot up, remove and re-insert the battery and redo the upper steps.
Good work, you’ve installed the Android ICS 4.0.3 Firmware on your HTC Rezound. Feel free to address to us through the comment section if you encounter any issues.