Verizon has announced that they are rolling out a software update for their newest Droid smartphone which will contain a number of important fixes and improvements. We are not talking about a new version of Android, but instead you are going to download a 103.5 MB of fixes which escape Verizon when HTC Droid DNA was released. The software update will be done over the air so you might want to download this as soon as possible as it is going to ” Get the most out of your Droid DNA” as Verizon sais. Below you have a list of device features and enhancements which this software update is going to fix:
- Bluetooth connectivity and volume level for specific models have been improved
- Enhanced reliability and stability of the Contacts List have been made
- Enhanced Recent Apps functionality has been improved
- Incoming messages display with the correct timestamp
- Improvements to Hotspot connectivity have been made
- Improvements to Audio Quality for wired headsets and earpieces have been made
- Improvements to default browser for zooming capability have been made
- User can load videos on HuluPlus
- Wi-Fi Connectivity has been improved
If you have not received the notification yet, then it should pop-up sometime soon as Verizon is rushing to apply the software update to all Droid DNA devices. If you are in a roaming area you should find a Wi-Fi connection as the update kid is quite big and it might cost you a lot to download it. Otherwise, the 2.04.605.2 710RD update is going to take only 10 minutes to install, and you might see the device rebooting a few times. But it’s worth it, after that you won’t have a “lazy DNA” and you will notice the increased speed of your device. We also noticed that after the update is complete, the baseband is going to be changed to 1.01.01.0110.
As for the whole situation, is a good thing to see Verizon apply such an important update to one of its devices, and even if this issues should have not occur in the first place, it leaves me a good impression that they did the best to fix it as soon as possible. Maybe next time they will be more careful on the software before rushing to launch such expected smartphones.