Install 3Minit Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 (Android 4.1.2 Custom ROM)
The 3Minit ROM is a new custom ROM based on Android 4.1.2 and you can learn how to install it by using the instructions that I have listed in this article. The firmware of this Android 4.1.2 custom ROM is XXELLA and it is rooted, zipaligned and deodexed. Read all the instructions in this post and make sure to ask for more instructions in case you have problems installing the new ROM.
3Minit JB custom ROM comes with tweaked build.prop, AROMA Installer, extended Power Menu. Also, since this ROM comes with an AROMA installed then it means that you can easily choose from multiple different installation options such as custom kernels, modems and mods. The 3Minit ROM has been created by ‘gharrington’, an XDA member and developer.
If you want to install this new custom ROM on your Galaxy S3 phone, then you will be forced to read the guidelines below first:
- Use this tutorial only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300. Do not attempt to flash this custom ROM on any other smartphone or SGS3 model, as it won’t work and you risk bricking the device.
- Minit3 JB ROM can be installed on device that are rooted and running CWM Recovery. Without these you cannot flash the new OS.
- Use CWM Recovery to create a full NANDROID backup of your phone’s current ROM. This will act as cover in case you cannot boot the device with the 3Minit custom ROM.
- The tutorial will ask you to wipe data and factory reset your SGS3 and this means that you will need to backup a list of installed apps or you can choose to backup SMS, Call logs and the APN Internet Settings. Use the following applications: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore | AppBack for Android application. NOTE: Some of these tools will ask for root access.
- Sync the Contacts / People app with the Gmail account you’re currently using to control your device.
- Charge the device’s battery so that it won’t power off during the installation of this new ROM. Make sure that there is at least 40% battery power before getting to the tutorial.
- Note that we cannot be held responsible in case your device is bricked in the process, nor can be be blamed for any missing data files. That’s why this guide should be completed by an advanced Android user.
- Read the entire post and make sure that you don’t skip any steps that I have listed.
Now that you know all of the above, get to the next part of this post. In case you have problems completing this tutorial, then you should ask for more help in our comments section.
How to flash 3Minit Android 4.1.2 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300:
- Download the custom ROM from HERE. It is a zip file and you shouldn’t extract its contents.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC using the USB cable. Move the ROM zip on the phone’s internal SDcard.
- Disconnect the smartphone from PC when the file is copied with success.
- Power off your SGS3 and then boot it into CWM Recovery mode. It can be done by pressing at the same time Volume Up, Home and Power. Release these buttons when the custom Recovery main menu shows up.
- If you don’t have a NANDroid ROM backup of the current SGS3 OS, then you can use the ‘backup and restore’ option to create one. If you have one then you can skip this step.
- Choose ‘Wipe Data/ Factory Reset’ option and confirm this process. This action will delete the contents of the /system partition and you will lose all installed apps, SMS etc.
- Next, select ‘install zip from SDcard’. From the next menu select ‘choose zip from SDcard’ and then find the 3Minit JB Custom ROM zip file.
- Now you need to select the configuration type and then you will have to choose the kernels, applications, mods you wish to installed along with the custom ROM.
- Wait for the new OS to install and then you should reboot the device from the AROMA Installer menu.
- The first boot process with this new ROM will begin and it shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to complete.
- Enter your Google Account details and after that you can begin to test this new ROM.
These were all the steps that you had to take. NOTE: If the first boot process takes too long to complete, then you should power off the device and after that you need to boot once again into custom Recovery mode. Repeat the entire tutorial once again until the 3Minit ROM installs with success.
These were all the steps that you had to take and now you should test the 3Minit Android 4.1.2 custom ROM. Find all of its new features and tell us in comments which is its best one.