Install Anaraxia B7 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 (Android 4.1.2 based firmware)
Anaraxia is a custom ROM that reached its B7 and now it can be installed on the Galaxy S3 model number I9300. Use this tutorial and learn how to flash all files on your device. Before you go any further you should know that this custom ROM is based on the Android 4.1.2 XXELL5 and you might have to be on a previous Jelly Bean firmware.
This ROM has been bundled by Anaraxia, an XDA developer. It is mainly the Android 4.1.2 XXELL5 Jelly Bean firmware and it also includes SuperSU, BusyBox, unsecured boot.img, it is rooted, deodexed and zipaligned. It is running on a stock kernel which means that it should be a stable ROM. Before installing the files of Anaraxia B7 custom ROM, you should read the guidelines below:
- Use this post only for the Samsung Galaxy S3 model version I9300. It will not work with other Galaxy S3 variants and you shouldn’t even attempt to install them, as you will end up with bricked devices.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S3 is rooted and running a CWM Recovery. Also, it would be better if your currently installed ROM is Jelly Bean one.
- NOTE: Make sure to use CWM Recovery to create a full NANDROID backup of your currently installed ROM. That will act as a restore point for your SGS3 in case you cannot boot after installing the new ROM.
- Create backups of SMS, Call logs and APN Internet Settings and create a list of installed apps using these tools: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore | AppBack for Android. Some of these apps will ask you for root access.
- To backup your Contacts, use your Gmail account to sync them with it. Remember to add the same Google Account after installing the Anaraxis Android 4.1.2 custom ROM.
- Your phone’s battery power level should be over 50% as otherwise it might power off during the installation of the new OS.
- Note that we cannot be blamed in case something goes wrong and your device gets bricked in the process. Also, remember that the tutorial will ask you to wipe the system partition and that means that you should move all important files to your phone’s internal SD card.
- Don’t begin to flash the new ROM until you’ve read all the instructions that are listed in this article.
That is all you had to read before moving to the tutorial. If you’re having troubles in installing this new firmware ROM, then you should leave a detailed comment at the end of this post and we should come up with a solution and help you update your smartphone.
How to install Anaraxia B7 Android 4.1.2 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300:
- Download the custom ROM zip from HERE.
- Use the USB cable and connect your phone to your computer. Now move the Anaraxia ROM on to its internal SD card. After the transfer is complete you should disconnect the devices from your PC.
- Power off the Galaxy S3 and after that you should boot it into CWM Recovery mode. Do it by pressing Volume up, home and Power buttons. Release these buttons when the screen flickers.
- If you didn’t create a backup of your current OS, then you should select ‘backup and restore’ option from the CWM recovery menu. Confirm that you wish to create one and when you’re done, move to the next step. If you already have such a backup, then you can skip this step.
- Select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- Browse your phone for the Anaraxia Jelly Bean custom ROM and confirm that you wish to install it. When the ROM is successfully installed, return to the main CWM Recovery menu.
- Select ‘reboot system now’.
- Wait until the Galaxy S3 completes its first boot with the Anaraxia JB ROM. This will take about 5 minutes to complete.
- Enter your Google Account details when you’re welcomed with the new Jelly Bean home screen.
- Test the Anaraxia ROM and tell us in comments if you managed to find any errors.
If you don’t like this new ROM, then you should use the backup file of the previous ROM and restore it for your Samsung Galaxy S3.
If you can’t install Anaraxia Jelly Bean 4.1.2 custom ROM on your SGS3 at your first attempt, then you should ask for more help in comments.