Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official 6.2.A.0.200 Firmware Update for Sony Xperia S
The Official 4.1.2 JB update has been released for the Sony Xperia S device and you can learn how to install it by using the instructions that I have listed in this post.
Xperia S device can be upgraded to 6.2.A.0.200 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Update easily using the Sony PC Companion software. The new update brings a brand new media app using Walkman, Album and Movies. You will be able to better customize and personalize your device using widgets, apps and different shortcuts. There are seven new home screen panels that you can add, all of these have support for auto-resizable widgets and expandable notifications. Also, the notification are actionable and you can open apps and other functions straight from your device’s notifications screen.
Google Now and Project Butter interface have also been added, while the STANDBY mode is now included in the OS for a better and extended battery life. This update can be installed using your phone or manually using this guide. If you didn’t receive the official update notification from SONY, then you will need to read all the info listed below
Read these guidelines before continuing to the installation part of this post:
- your phone has to be on full stock firmware.
- don’t try to use this guide in case your device is running a custom ROM or any other customization file.
- before starting the update with this tutorial you will need to go to Settings, then About phone and then Build Number / version and check the firmware number. It the 6.2.A.0.200 build is listed then you won’t need to use this tutorial.
- use the guide only for the Sony Xperia S.
- do not blame us in case something goes wrong and you lose data or you brick your device.
- this is a guide that should be completed by advanced users.
- make sure that your phone’s battery power levels are over 50%. This will prevent the device from powering off in the middle of the updating process.
- in case you cannot complete the update, then you should ask for extra help in comments.
Now that you’ve read all of the above, continue to the next part of this post and you should be able to update your device to the latest Jelly Bean firmware.
Don’t skip any steps listed below.
How to update Sony Xperia S to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware build 6.2.A.0.200:
- Download the SONY PC Companion program from here.
- Install the Sony PC Companion app on your PC.
- When you complete the installation, connect your phone with your PC via USB Data cable.
- Backup the files stored on your phone using the Sony PC Companion software.
- Now that the backup has been created, start the installation of 6.2.A.0.200 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware using the on-screen instructions shown by the Sony program.
- When the updating files have been successfully downloaded, confirm that you want to update.
- Don’t unplug the phone from PC while the update is in progress.
- When the update is complete, Sony PC Companion will display a confirmation message and you can unplug the phone from computer.
- That’s it, now you can start testing all the new features that were added with this new 6.2.A.0.200 Android 4.1.2 OTA Update.
I hope that you’ve managed to successfully install the update. If you have any other problems with this update, then you can ask for help below. But, make sure to leave a detailed comment listed, so that we will be able to find a viable solution and help you install all the required files without bricking your device.
If you don’t want to use this tutorial, then you can choose to wait until SONY pushes the official OTA Update notification to your device. Check for newer Android 4.1.2 JB firmware updates by going through Settings > About Phone and then check the info listed under System Updates.