Galaxy Fame Lite is a mid range Android smartphone and even though you might not expect important update released for this device, Samsung just rolled out a new firmware dubbed as XXANA1. XXANA1 represents an Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS that comes with stock features, apps and capabilities along with several bug fixes and stability improvements that can now be easily flashed on your Galaxy Fame Lite. If you can’t apply the OTA release, or if the OTA hasn’t arrived on your phone yet, you can use this manual update method instead.
Why to manually update your Galaxy Fame Lite to official Android 4.1.2 XXANA1 Jelly Bean OS? Well, when talking about OTA releases you need to know that the firmware is being rolled out in phases or gradually. So, some users will receive the software sooner than others. Then, if you have a rooted Android smartphone, or if you have updated your device with a custom ROM firmware, the OTA update will not be received at all. Therefore, a manual update operation is quite useful especially on the mentioned situations. Because of that I have developed the present tutorial that can be easily used by those who want to learn how to manually install official XXANA1 Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy Fame Lite.
As I have already mentioned, XXANA1 bring stock features that can be used for optimizing the performances of your Galaxy Fame. Furthermore, the Android 4.1.2 update comes with important stability improvements and with bug fixes therefore, XXANA1 is stable and runs smoothly on the Fame Lite – the same has been declared by those who have already tested the Jelly Bean ROM. So, you have all the reasons for completing this dedicated step by step tutorial. But first, take a look over the lines from below and apply the pre requisites presented during the following list.
- The present update operation can be safely performed for both rooted and locked smartphones. Do note though that if you have a rooted Galaxy Fame, after flashing XXANA1 Android 4.1.2 the root access will be revoked – because you are applying an official update.
- Due to same reasons, by using this guide you can restore the warranty on your Samsung Galaxy Fame Lite and you can reinstall the factory and default restriction on your device – in case your phone is currently running on a custom ROM firmware.
- If your device has been damaged or bricked, now you can easily unbrick your Android device by installing the stock Android OS into its system.
- You will use Odin for being able to install XXANA1 Android 4.1.2 OS. Odin is an official program developed and offered by Samsung and also compatible only with Samsung branded devices.
- Therefore an official program will be used for updating your Galaxy Fame Lite to official Android Jelly Bean OS – you have no reasons for being worried, as no custom or risky programs will be used.
- You need to backup your personal data, info and accounts that are being saved on the internal storage memory of your device – in rare cases you data might get erased or corrupted.
- You should backup the text messages, call logs, market apps, EFS folder, internet settings and everything else you might need afterwards – you can use compatible apps from Google Play in that matter.
- You need to use a Windows running computer, while your smartphone and its USB cable should be near you.
- You have to deactivate the security protection that is running on your computer; the best will be to temporarily disable the antivirus and antimalware programs before going any further.
- On your Fame Lite the USB debugging option must be checked / enabled. You can do so by going to path “menu – settings – developer options” – do that or else you will not be able to properly connect your phone with your computer.
- It is important to check the battery status before doing anything else. If your device gets turned off during the update operation you will also risk in bricking it. So if the battery status indicates less than 50% power left, plug in the charger.
- Install official XXANA1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS only if you own the Samsung Galaxy Fame Lite. Do that because XXANA1 has been rolled out by Samsung only for the mentioned Android smartphone, thus this tutorial is compatible only with the same.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 XXANA1 JB on Galaxy Fame Lite
- Go here and download the Android 4.1.2 firmware file; place the update on desktop.
- Download Odin and unzip the program on desktop.
- On the same folder as Odin unzip the update file.
- Install the program on your computer by following the on-screen prompts.
- Install the Galaxy Fame Lite drivers – you can use Samsung KIES in that matter.
- Run Odin on your computer and lets get started.
- Turn off your phone.
- Enter your device in download mode: press and hold volume down, home and power buttons at the same time, for a few seconds.
- Connect your Fame Lite with your computer via USB cable.
- If on Odin the “added” message is being displayed and the ID:COM section is yellow or blue you can go further; if not close Odin, reinstall the drivers on your computer and repeat the steps from above.
- From Odin select “PA” and pick the firmware file.
- Don’t make any other changes on the program; click on “start”.
- Now the update will be flashed; so wait while the process is running.
- Finally, on Odin will be displayed the “pass” message while the ID:COM section will turn green.
- Remove the USB cable and reboot your phone; done.
Congratulations, now on your Galaxy Fame Lite Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXANA1 OS is running. So, you have successfully installed official XXANA1 Android 4.1.2 on your device by using Odin. Test the new OS, see how it performs and then use the comments field from below for sharing your experience and impressions with us and with other users who might consider in using this step by step tutorial. Also, stay close as further tutorials will be developed for your Samsung Galaxy Fame Lite and for more Android based smartphones and tablets.