The ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity just got its official Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OTA Update.
This post is destined to be used by users who want to manually flash the update for your tablet device. The Android 4.2.1 brings Profiles, DayDream screen saver, New Camera UI, lockscreen widgets and wallpapers, Miracast wireless display connectivity, parental lock support, improved keyboard and voice search etc.
In order to make sure that you install successfully this update on your device, you should first read the preparation guide that I’ve listed below:
- Use the tutorial only with the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity model number TF700T. Don’t try to update any other device with the files in this post.
- Your device has to be on full stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS with the version build 10.4.4.25. It won’t work with different variants.
- Make sure that you know what you’re doing before starting the updating process. We cannot be held responsible in case something goes wrong and you lose any data in the process. Also, we cannot be blamed in case you brick the device.
- Your computer should have all the ASUS Transformer PAD Infinity USB drivers.
- Backup all the important data before starting the updating process.
- Your tablet needs to feature an external microSD card. You won’t be able to use the internal storage.
- Make sure to charge the device’s battery so that the tablet won’t switch off during the updating process.
- Don’t skip any steps that are listed in the tutorial.
- If you cannot complete the update then you should ask for extra help in our comments field.
Now that you know all of the above, you can continue to the next part of this tutorial.
How to flash Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Update for the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T:
- First thing that you need to do is to check the ‘SKU’ number of your tablet. Here’s how to do that:
> Go to Settings, then About Table and open Build Number info. If the number begins with HK then your SKU is HK. If the build number starts with WW then the SKU is for WW etc. This guide will work for WW, US SKU and TW.
- Download the correct SKU version for your Transformer Pad Infinity using the links below:
> WW Update - download link
> US Update – download link
> TW Update – download link
- When the file is download to your PC, you will need to extract its contents. You will get another .zip file. Don’t extract any further.
- Copy the new zip to your tablet’s MicroSD external storage.
- Disconnect the tablet from PC.
- Power off the tablet now.
- Next, press and hold simultaneously Volume Down and Power. Release the buttons when the screen shows some text. Press Volume Up now.
- You should see the Android logo and the progress installation bar. When the update is complete, the ASUS Transformer PAD Infinity will reboot and load the new Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OS.
- That’s it, now you should begin testing the new firmware.
These were all the steps that you had to go over. Check to see if the Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Update has been successfully flashed by opening Settings and then About tablet. If you didn’t manage to update your phone, then you should ask for more help in comments.