Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean-based CM10.1 Nightlies ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100
The 7.0 inch model of the Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 tablet can be updated to the latest CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies ROM using the instructions that I have listed in this post.
Installing this custom ROM will bring all the CyanogenMod 10.1 functions and features along with the stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM. In order to make sure that you successfully flash this ROM on your tablet, you will first have to read the guidelines below:
- Use this tutorial only with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 tablet device. Don’t attempt to install the ROM on any other device.
- The tablet has to be rooted and running CWM or TWRP Recovery. Without these requirements being met you will not be able to flash the new custom ROM.
- Use the custom Recovery mode to create a NANDROID backup of your current ROM. You will set a restore point for your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 in case it cannot boot with the new ROM or you simply don’t like it.
- Enable USB debugging option from your tablet’s Android Developer Options menu. This will allow you to move files between tablet and computer.
- Make sure that the tablet’s battery is charged and its power level is over 50%. This will prevent it from powering off during the installation of the new CM 10.1 Nightlies ROM.
- Use this tutorial only if you’re an advanced Android user.
- We won’t be responsible in case you lose any data or your device is bricked in the process.
- Read all the steps in the ‘how-to’ guide and you should be able to complete this tutorial with success.
Now that you know all of the above, get to the next part of this post.
How to install Android 4.2.2 CM 10.1 Nightly ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100:
- Download the CM10.1 Nightly ROM from HERE. Save the file on your PC and don’t extract its contents.
- Download the Gapps for CM 10.1 from HERE. This will install the Google applications for your tablet. Don’t extract the contents of this file.
- Connect the device to your PC and then move your files on the tablet’s internal SDcard. Disconnect the device from computer when the files are copied successfully.
- Power off your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 completely.
- Boot your tablet into CWM Recovery now. It can be done by pressing and holding at the same time Volume Down and Power buttons.
- When the Recovery mode appears you can select ‘backup and restore’ option. This is an optional step for users who want to create a NANDROID backup of their current ROMs. This will will act as a cover in case something goes wrong and the device doesn’t boot. NOTE: If you already have a backup then you can skip this step.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option. Confirm. NOTE: If your device is already running on a CM 10.1 ROM then you can skip this step.
- Select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the CM10.1 nightly zip and confirm that you want to install it.
- Select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ again and then find the Gapps zip for installation. Confirm the install.
- When both files are flashed with success you can return to the main menu of the Recovery mode.
- Select ‘reboot system now’ and then wait until the tablet loads all the files of this new ROM.
- Test the Android 4.2.2 JB CM 10.1 Nightlies ROM and tell us in comments if you find any problems with it.
NOTE: If the first boot process takes too long to complete, you will have to power off the device and after that you will be forced to repeat the entire tutorial once again. Start with step 5 and then make sure that you apply all the steps. Don’t skip step 7 action as that will make sure that the previous ROM has been wiped in order to make room for the new OS.
These were all the instructions that you had to go over, now you can begin testing this new CM 10.1 Nightlies build. Make sure to check out all the new LockScreen features and functions, Google Now etc.
If you don’t like this new ROM or your device is unable to boot, then you will have to use the CWM Recovery mode and restore the backup of your previous ROM.
If you have any other questions, please post them below in the comments section.