SlimBean custom ROM has been launched for the Galaxy Nexus I9250 device. Use this tutorial if you want to learn how to successfully install it on your device easily without losing any important data in the process.
More info about this release can be found at Slim ROMs web page here. First thing that you need to do is to read the preparation guide listed below, so that you’ll learn what you need to do in order to make sure that you flash all files at your first attempt without bricking your device. Here’s what you need to know:
- Use this post only for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM model number I9250.
- Do not attempt to update any other devices using the info that I’ve listed here, as you will end up bricking it.
- Your phone has to be factory unlocked, rooted and running a custom Recovery such as TWRP or CWM.
- The tutorial will ask you to wipe data and factory reset your device. This deletes all files from system partition, but it will allow you to apply a clean installation for the new ROM.
- Factory Reset won’t remove files from internal storage.
- Backup installed apps data using these tools for Android: Helium from Google Play – here / Titanium Backup -here.
- Backup SMS, Call Logs info and APN Internet Setting using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore. Root access is needed for some of these apps.
- Sync your Contacts with your Gmail account. This will make sure that all phone numbers and contacts info will be uploaded to Google cloud storage.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- Make sure that the phone’s battery has enough power left before it completely drains.
- Read this entire post, don’t skip any steps and do not blame us in case you brick the phone or lose any data in the process.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM before starting the installation. This step can be found in the tutorial.
- If you cannot complete the installation, then you should ask for more help in comments.
How to flash SlimBean Android 4.3 Stable custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM:
- Download the custom ROM from here.
– get the latest build available.
- Download Slim-gapps file for this custom ROM from here.
- Connect the Galaxy Nexus to your computer, then move both zip files to your device’s internal storage.
– after the files are copied, disconnect the device from PC.
- Power off the phone completely.
- Boot it into Bootloader mode then enter Custom Recovery mode.
– both CWM and TWRP Recoveries are working with this tutorial.
- First you need to create the NANDROID Backup for the ROM that is currently installed on your device.
– CWM: use the ‘backup and restore’, then save the backup files to your computer’s internal storage.
– TWRP: press Backup, select the system files that you want to backup. Confirm.
- Now you can apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then Factory Reset. Confirm the process.
- Next, flash the custom ROM files:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the SlimBean Android 4.3 ROM files and install it.
– TWRP: press Install, then browse your internal storage and load the Slim Bean zip. Confirm the installation by swiping the blue button shown at the bottom of the screen.
- After the ROM is installed, repeat step 8 actions and flash the Gapps zip as well.
- When both files are flashed, return to the main custom Recovery menu. Reboot your device.
– note that this first boot process takes a while before all files are loaded and you should allow it at least 10 minutes to complete.
– if the process takes way longer than ten minutes or in case the phone enters into a boot loop, then you should power off the device and repeat the entire tutorial once again. Don’t skip any steps.
- If the installation was successful you should see the home screen of your device, enter your Google Account details, take control and start testing all the new features.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to update your Galaxy Nexus I9250 with the latest stable build of SlimBean Android 4.3 custom ROM. If you cannot complete the installation then you should ask for more help in comments.