If you want to experience a great Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100, then you need to try the new Phoenix custom ROM. This anniversary edition of Phoenix ROM comes with awesome features, apps and capabilities and also with a platform that has been especially optimized and designed for your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. So, if you want to run a stable and smooth Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS on your phablet, then now you can finally do the same.
During the guidelines from below I will explain how to update your Note 2 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware and even though this is not the official update released for your Android smartphone, don’t worry as the flashing process can be easily performed, even if you are a newbie. As I have already pointed out, Phoenix ROM isn’t the official Android 4.4.2 OTA update rolled out for your Note 2. For now, the SGN 2 is featuring Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS (the latest OTA update available for your device is dubbed as DOENA4).
Also, if you want to try a great Android 4.4 firmware, you can try AOKP custom ROM for Galaxy Note 2. Anyway, this guide is showing you how to install Phoenix ROM, so let’s talk about the same. As I have mentioned during the introduction, the firmware is stable and comes without bugs or things that aren’t working properly. Also, according to the users who have flashed the update, Phoenix software is smoothly running on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, while Android 4.4.2 system is fast and installed with stock and extra features and apps.
Phoenix ROM also comes with numerous possibilities that can be used for improving the performances of your Android phablet. Mainly, with the ROM you will have access to the internal system of your device – in that matter you will be able to remove bloatware and other in built programs that are slowing down your smartphone. At the same time, the software will customize the looks as you will get a custom KitKat user interface along with a redesigned and updated web browsing experience. On the other hand, the speeds will be increased, you will receive more power and the battery life will be upgraded.
Since Phoenix ROM represents a free aftermarket distribution of Android 4.4.2 system, the same can be only manually installed on your Note 2 N7100. Because of that, completing the steps from below isn’t an option for you. First, start with the pre requisites (you will be able to prepare your device for the update operation that will follow) and then apply the proper flashing process.
- Your phablet must be rooted if you want to complete this tutorial. Root access is the first step to do when trying to update with a custom ROM. So, don’t hesitate and use a compatible step by step guide for rooting your Note 2.
- Note that gaining root access will increase the binary flash counter of your Android smartphone, thus the warranty will be void.
- Restore the warranty by downgrading your handset to stock Android Jelly Bean OS, or apply an OTA firmware on your phone – manually as on a rooted device, the OTA releases can’t be flashed by air.
- After achieving root you need to install a custom recovery image on your phone. By using this recovery you will flash the Android 4.4.2 update, so you can’t go any further without completing this step either.
- Use the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery or else you won’t be able to safely perform the installation procedure of Phoenix Custom ROM firmware.
- Backup the Note 2 data as a wipe will be required. When wiping the data and clearing cache you can lose precious info and data; because of that, the best will be to save your contacts, EFS folder, market apps, personal accounts and everything else it’s important for you.
- Use the recovery image you have just installed for making a Nandroid backup – in this way you can save your current ROM and replace the same in case Phoenix firmware isn’t on your taste.
- Ensure that you can use a computer, your phablet and its USB cable – on the computer you will download the required file, then you will flash the same from your smartphone which implies in connecting your phone with your computer.
- On your PC the best will be to temporarily deactivate the security protection; in rare cases the antivirus programs for example might interfere with the flashing procedure.
- Moreover, your phone must have at least 60% power left, or else it might get turned off and bricked in the middle of the update process. So, plug in the charger if that’s needed.
- On your Note 2 go to “menu –settings – developer options” and enable USB debugging option.
- Keep in mind that this step by step guide is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model number N7100. So, use the steps from below for installing Phoenix ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware only if you have the mentioned Android device.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 Phoenix custom ROM firmware on Galaxy Note 2 N7100
- The first thing to do is to download the update file on your computer.
- In that matter, use the download link from here.
- Place the firmware file on desktop.
- Don’t unzip the Android 4.4.2 package.
- Connect your Note 2 with your computer via USB cable.
- Take the update file from desktop and place the same on your phone’s SD card.
- Remove the USB cable as the computer is no longer useful.
- Turn off your device.
- Enter recovery mode on your Android smartphone.
- Wipe the data and clear cache; select “wipe data factory reset”.
- Return to main menu of recovery and choose “wipe cache partition”; then select “advance” and pick “wipe dalvick cache”.
- From main menu of recovery now select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card”.
- Pick the Android 4.4.2 firmware file and flash the same on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- Wait while the process is running and in the end go to main menu of recovery.
- Select “reboot system now” and you are done.
Perfect; you have updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS with Phoenix custom ROM firmware. If you have something to share with us use the comments area from below and we will assist you as soon as possible.