Samsung India has released the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OTA Update for all the Samsung Galaxy E7 smartphones.
If you do not want to wait for this update to arrive over-the-air, then you can always choose to manually install the upgrade. The E700HXXU1BOJ7 Android 5.1.1 firmware update comes with tons of extra features and improvements, that should make your Galaxy E7 device run better than before.
Before starting the installation process of this new firmware you should check the following guidelines:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy E7 devices.
– the model number of your device has to be SM – E700H.
– verify the version of your device under Settings> About Phone menu.
- download Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your computer.
– the USB drivers need to be installed in order to make sure that your device is detected by the computer.
– for the updating process you will have to use the Odin3 v3.10.6 app.
- disable the Samung KIES and any antivirus app from running on your computer.
– these apps are going to try and block Odin from sending any files to your Galaxy E7 device.
- in case your device is rooted, then you need to know that the manual update will get rid of root access.
– any custom Recovery will also be replaced with a stock Recovery.
- in case your smartphone has a custom ROM installed on it, then you should know that you will have to ‘factory reset’ it.
– the factory reset removes the old custom ROM and it allows the new official Android 5.1.1 official ROM firmware to boot in normal mode.
– factory resetting the phone will only remove data from system memory partition, but it won’t delete any files from internal storage.
– if you don’t factory reset the phone and you install the official ROM over a custom ROM, then the Galaxy E7 device won’t be able to boot in normal mode.
– the ‘factory reset’ steps are listed at the end of this post and you will have to apply them after the update is done.
- read the entire post first before starting the installation.
- if your Galaxy E7 device runs on 100% stock Android 5.0 firmware, then you continue straight to the tutorial part of this post.
- check the battery charge of your phone, it should be over 50%, so that it won’t power off during the installation process.
- this is a tutorial that you should use only if you are an advanced user.
– we cannot be blamed in case you end up losing any data files in the process, nor in case you end up bricking the smartphone.
How to install Android 5.1.1 E700HXXU1BOJ7 Lollipop Update for Samsung Galaxy E7 E700H:
- Download E700HXXU1BOJ7 Android 5.1.1 firmware file from here.
- After the download is done you can extract the archived files.
– the E700HXXU1BOJ7 tar.md5 file will be obtained and you shouldn’t extract it any further than that.
– do not extract the tar.md5 file contents.
- Next, download Odin3 v3.10.6 zip from here.
– extract the Odin files from the zip.
- Switch off the device.
- Now boot it in Download Mode.
– Download Mode can be booted by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons.
- Now open the Odin3 v3.10.6 exe on your computer.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB Cable.
– wait for Odin to detect the smartphone.
– if the Galaxy E7 is not detected, then you will have to re-install the usb drivers once more.
– when the device is detected you can continue to the next step.
- Go to Odin’s window and disable the ‘Re-Partition’ option.
– do not edit any other default Odin settings.
- Now, click the AP button in Odin.
– you will be told to load the new Android 5.1.1 update file.
- Find the E700HXXU1BOJ7 Android 5.1.1 tar.md5 file and load it in Odin.
- Confirm the update by clicking on the START button.
– wait for the installation to be completed without pressing any buttons.
- When the update is done you will see the PASS displayed by Odin.
Unplug the device from computer and then reboot it in normal mode.
The first boot process of this new Android 5.1.1 ROM will take at least 15 minutes to complete. Use your default Gmail account in order to regain complete control over your smartphone once again.
Check the extra notes below in case you encounter any problems during the installation process.
If Odin shows the FAIL alert, or any other error is displayed on your device, then you will have to try and repeat the whole guide more than once.
Make sure that in case you repeat the guide, then you won’t be skipping any steps and that your Galaxy E7 phone meets all requirements listed above the tutorial.
If Odin shows the PASS alert, but your smartphone doesn’t boot in normal mode after 20 minutes have passed and it got stuck at the Samsung boot animation screen, or in case your device has entered in a boot loop, then you will be forced to factory reset the phone.
The ‘factory reset’ steps are listed below and you will have to apply them in case you have installed the new official firmware over a custom ROM, too. Here’s how to do it:
- power off the phone.
- boot it in Recovery Mode.
– it can be done by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power all at the same time.
– release the buttons when the “warning” screen is shown on your device, then press Volume Up to confirm Recovery Mode boot.
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
- confirm process.
- reboot the Galaxy E7 in normal mode.
If you need any extra help, then you should tell us in comments below.