Android 5.1.1 P905VVRUBOH1 official update has released for all the Verizon Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE tablets. Check all the info listed in this post in order to learn how to successfully update your tablet without waiting for the over-the-air updating process.
This is the first Lollipop OTA update that the Verizon Note Pro 12.1 LTE has seen. It is an update rolled out in stages which means that not all users are going to receive at the same time. Before Verizon manages to launch the new Android 5.1.1 firmware update over-the-air in your region it will take a while and you are better off flashing the Lollipop files manually using the Odin app.
Check the following guidelines below before starting the updating process:
- use this post only with the Verizon version of Galaxy Note Pro 12.1 LTE.
– do not try to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- check the model number of your tablet and make sure that it is the SM – P905V one.
– you can find the version of your device under Settings> About Device menu.
- download and install the Samsung USB Drivers for your PC from here.
– these drivers are needed, so that your PC will detect the tablet and allow the Android 5.1.1 flashing process.
- Odin3 v3.10.6 is the app that you will have to use in order to update the tablet.
– disable KIES and the antivirus apps from running on your PC.
– these apps are going to block Odin from running and prevent any files from being transferred between your computer and tablet.
- USB Debugging has to be enabled in Developer Options.
– if you can’t find Developer Options then it means that it is hidden.
– go to Settings> About Device and tap 7 times on the Build Number section to enable Developer Options.
– return to Settings, scroll down and you will find the Developer Options menu.
- if your tablet runs a rooted firmware, then you will lose root access completely.
– any custom Recovery is going to be replaced with a stock Recovery too.
- if you are planning on installing this update over a custom ROM, then you can do it easily, but you will need to factory reset the tablet after the update is flashed.
– the ‘factory reset’ wipes clean the system partition.
– factory resetting the device is not going to delete any data from internal storage.
– the ‘factory reset’ steps are listed at the end of this post and you have to apply them after the Android 5.1.1 firmware is installed.
- this guide is for advanced users, you cannot blame us in case you brick the device nor in case you lose any data in the process.
- check the battery charge level of your tablet and make sure that it is over 50%, as it will prevent the device from powering off during the first boot process.
- read the entire post and do not skip any steps.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully flash a brand new firmware for your device manually.
How to flash Android 5.1.1 P905VVRUBOH1 Update for Verizon Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 LTE:
- Download the Android 5.1.1 firmware from here.
- When the download is done you can extract the archived contents.
– save the files on your PC.
– you should get the P905VVRUBOH1 tar.md5 file and you shouldn’t extract it any further.
- Download Odin3 v3.10.6 from here.
– extract the contents on your PC.
- Switch off the tablet.
- Now you can boot the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE in Download Mode.
– download mode can be booted by pressing these buttons at the same time: volume down, home and power.
- Launch Odin3 v3.10.6 exe on your computer.
- Now you can use the usb cable and connect your device to your computer.
– wait until Odin detects the device.
– if your device is not detected you will need to re-install the Samsung usb drivers.
- Go back to Odin’s main screen:
– disable ‘re-partition’ option.
– don’t edit other default Odin settings.
- Hit the AP button in Odin. You will be asked to find the firmware file.
- Load the P905VVRUBOH1 tar.md5 file in Odin. Hit START button and confirm the updating process.
– do not unplug the device from PC and don’t do anything until the update is done.
- When the Android 5.1.1 firmware is flashed you will see the PASS alert.
– the tablet will reboot in normal mode.
- Unplug the device from computer when the ‘optimizing apps’ screen appears.
– the first boot process of this new ROM is going to take a while before it loads all files.
- Use the default Google account in order to regain complete control over your tablet once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the updating process of this new firmware for your tablet.
In case ODIN shows the FAIL alert or any other error is shown, then you will be forced to try and repeat the whole tutorial once again. If you do try to repeat the installation you need to make sure that you won’t be skipping any steps and that your tablet meets all requirements.
If you have installed the official Android 5.1.1 update over a custom ROM, then you will be forced to apply an extra ‘factory reset’ process after the installation is done. It will allow the device to boot in normal mode.
Also, if you’ve installed the update over an official firmware and Odin shows the PASS alert, but the tablet is unable to go past the boot animation screen, then a ‘factory reset’ process is mandatory.
Here’s how to factory reset:
- switch off the device.
- boot the tablet in Recovery Mode.
- select the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
- confirm process.
- reboot your device in normal mode after the factory reset is done.
If the installation has been completed with success, then you won’t be forced to factory reset the device. Use the comments field below if you are in need of extra help.