The official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA Update is being rolled out by Samsung for all the Samsung Galaxy A3 1.5GB RAM models.
The update is being released over-the-air by Samsung and not all users are getting the new firmware updates at the same time, which means that the advanced users can opt to flash the new firmware update manually. The new firmware update can be installed using the files provided in this post and the ODIN app. Before starting the installation process of this new Android 6.0.1 firmware you need to read the following guidelines:
- use this tutorial only in case you are an advanced user.
- install the files found in this post only for the 2015 Samsung Galaxy A3 A300FU models with 1.5GB RAM.
– check the model of your device under Settings> About Device menu.
– make sure that the SM – A300FU model is listed as default model number.
- do not try to update any other devices with the files found in this article.
- download the Samsung USB Drivers from here.
– install the USB drivers on your computer, so that you will make sure that the phone will be detected when you connect it via usb cable.
- for the update process you will use the ODIN app, and for ODIN to work you have to install the USB driver above, and to enable the USB Debugging option from the Developer Options menu of your phone.
– if you cannot find Developer Options you need to unhide it: go to Settings> About Phone and tap seven times on the Build Number section.
– return to Settings and Developer Options will be listed there.
– open Developer Options and find USB Debugging to enable it, too.
- you can install the Android 6.0.1 update manually with ODIN over rooted firmware, but root access won’t survive the new update process.
– any custom Recovery that you might install is going to be replaced with a stock Recovery image.
- Android 6.0.1 Update can be flashed using ODIN over custom ROMs, too, but you have to Factory Reset after the update is done installing.
– the Factory Reset process is going to wipe clean the system partition of your phone, while no data will be lost from the internal storage of your device.
– the custom ROM is going to be deleted completely in the process, while the data stored on the Internal Storage of your phone is going to be left unchanged.
- in case your Galaxy A3 2015 runs 100% stock Android firmware, then you can continue straight to the next part of this post and start the flashing process.
- we cannot be blamed in case you end up bricking your phone nor in case you lose any important data files in the process.
How to flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update with ODIN for Samsung Galaxy A3 2015 A300FU:
This guide is destined to be used on the Galaxy A3 2015 model with 1.5 GB RAM.
- Download Android 6.0.1 A300FUXXU1CPJ1 tar.md5 firmware archive from here.
- When download is done you have to extract the archived contents and save them on your PC.
After you extract the files you will obtain the A300FUXXU1CPJ1 tar.md5 Android 6.0.1 update file.
– don’t unzip the tar.md5 file which is why update file you have to flash with Odin app.
- Download Odin 3.10.7 zip from here.
– unzip the files and save them on your computer.
- Power off the device.
- Boot the phone in Download Mode.
- Launch the Odin app on your computer.
- Connect the phone to PC via usb cable.
– wait for Odin to add your device.
– if the phone is not detected you can reinstall the Samsung USB drivers once more.
- Return to Odin main menu and click the AP button.
- Find and load the A300FUXXU1CPJ1 tar.md5 update file in ODIN.
- Press the START button to confirm the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow installation for your smartphone.
– don’t press anything until the flashing process is done.
- After the new update is done installing you can see the phone rebooting in normal mode. Also, the ODIN app will show the PASS message.
- Unplug the device from computer when the update is done and reboot is underway.
- Use your default login data in order to unlock the Galaxy A3 2015 model, and start testing all the new Marshmallow features.
These were the steps that you had to take in order to complete the Android 6.0.1 MM official update for your Galaxy A3 2015 1.5GB RAM models.
If you encounter any problems during installation, then you will need to check the extra info listed below.
If the FAIL alert is shown by the ODIN app, then you will be forced to try and repeat the whole tutorial more than once.
If you repeat installation you need to make sure that your phone meets all requirements and that you won’t be skipping any other steps that are listed above the tutorial.
In case the ODIN app shows the PASS alert, but your phone enters in a boot loop, or it gets stuck at the boot animation screen, then you have to “Factory Reset” the device’s system partition for it to be able to boot in normal mode.
The Factory Reset process has to be applied by those that have flashed the Android 6.0.1 update over a custom ROM, too, as otherwise their devices can’t boot in normal mode.
Check the following guidelines before starting the installation process:
- power off the phone.
- boot it in Recovery Mode.
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
- confirm the wiping of all data and wait for the process to be completed.
- reboot your phone in normal mode when the Factory Reset is done.
If you need any more help you can tell us in comments below.