Google has finally published the new Android 8.1 factory image files for the Pixel 2 users on TELUS network. Check the info in this post in order to learn how to flash the new firmware on your device.
The installation of a brand new factory image like Android 8.1.0 Oreo will wipe clean the entire device, and that’s why it can be used by those that have modified their phone’s OS in any way. Also, you can use this factory image installation as a way to refresh your Pixel 2 Android experience.
Before starting the flashing process of Oreo 8.1.0 update you will have to check the following guidelines:
- use the post only for the Google Pixel 2 smartphones on TELUS Canadian network.
- enable USB Debugging from Developer Options before starting the flashing process.
– if the Developer Options menu is hidden you have to unhide that first: go to Settings> About phone and tap seven times on Firmware Build Number text.
– return to Settings, find Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
– also, you should enable OEM Unlock option, too.
- this guide has to be used by advanced users only.
– we cannot be blamed in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data files.
- read the entire tutorial and make sure that you won’t skip any steps.
- check the battery charge levels and make sure that there is at least 50% charge before it powers off completely.
Now that you have read all of the above you can continue to the next part of the post and learn how to complete the installation of a brand new factory image.
How to install Android 8.1.0 Factory Image for TELUS Google Pixel 2:
The first thing that you need to do is to setup the Platform-Tools drivers for your device.
Download the Platform-Tools.zip for your specific OS using the links below:
- for Mac OS click here.
for Linux here.
for Windows click here.
- when the download is done you should extract the contents and save them all in the Platform-Tools folder.
- download Google USB Drivers from here, and install them on your computer.
Now that you’ve done all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
Install Android 8.1.0 Oreo Factory Image for TELUS Pixel 2:
- Download Android 8.1.0 Oreo factory image file from here.
- After the download is done you need to unzip the contents and save them on your PC.
- Power off the phone.
- Boot it in Fastboot Mode.
- Launch a command prompt/ terminal screen in the Platform-Tools folder.
- Connect your Pixel 2 device to PC via usb cable.
Verify that the phone has been detected by the PC and continue to the next step.
- You should unlock the device’s Bootloader first.
Enter the following command line to unlock it: fastboot flashing unlock
- Now you can begin the installation process of Android 8.1.0 factory image.
Launch the Flash-all.bat installer script from the Platform-Tools folder.
For Linux / Mac OS run the flash-all.sh script.
Confirm the process and don’t press anything until the flashing is done.
- When installation is done you should unplug the phone from PC and then reboot the Pixel 2 in normal mode.
Use your default Google info in order to regain control over your Pixel 2 Telus phone once again.
If the installation fails you need to repeat the tutorial more than once. Also, feel free to tell us in comments if you need any extra help.