Official AOKP 4.4.4 KitKat Nightly ROM is now available for the AT&T variant of Galaxy Note 2, so you should use this guide if you’re a novice and you want to learn how to flash such custom ROM.
In this new release you will find tons of great new features and KitKat elements developed by the AOKP team. Also, there are some features from CyanogenMod and other popular custom ROMs. The base set for AOKP KitKat Nightly is set by the Android 4.4.4 AOSP ROM, so you will get all the stock KitKat features, too.
If you want to learn more about this release, then you should check the AOKP blog page here.
Before starting the update you need to take a look at the preparation info below:
- use this tutorial only with the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone.
– don’t try to update any other Android devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- your Note 2 AT&T device has to be rooted and running a custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP.
– make sure that the custom Recovery that’s installed on your phone is updated to its latest version.
- in the tutorial you will find the NANDROID ROM Backup and Factory Reset steps, don’t skip them.
– the NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for the ROM that’s currently installed on your device.
– Factory Reset has to be applied so that you will install the new AOKP 4.4.4 Nightly on a clean device.
– if your AT&T Note 2 already sports a previous AOKP 4.4.x build, then you can skip the ‘factory reset’.
- if you want to save data from installed apps use the Helium tool for Android.
– sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- read the whole guide, don’t skip any steps and make sure that you don’t blame us in case anything goes wrong.
- this is a tutorial for advanced users who want to tinker with their phone’s OS.
- check the battery charge level of your AT&T Note 2 and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent it from switching off during installation.
Since you’ve read all the extra info above you can now continue to the tutorial.
How to flash AOKP 4.4.4 Nightlies for Galaxy Note 2 AT&T:
- Download the ROM zip file from here or here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Copy both zip files to your phone’s internal storage.
– if you’ve downloaded the files straight to your Note 2 AT&T storage, then you can skip this step.
– don’t unzip the files.
- Power off the phone now.
- Next, boot your device in Custom Recovery Mode.
– both CWM and TWRP are working with this guide.
- Create a new NANDROID full ROM backup:
– CWM: select the ‘backup and restore’ option.
– TWRP: press Backup.
– confirm the process.
- Apply the AT&T Note 2 Factory Reset process:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
– confirm process.
- Now you can begin the installation of AOKP 4.4.4 Nightlies for your Note 2 AT&T device:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Find the AOKP Nightly t0lteatt zip file and confirm process.
- After the new ROM is flashed you can disconnect you have to flash the Gapps zip.
- When all files are installed reboot your phone in normal mode.
Note that the first boot process of your phone will take a while before it loads all the new files and you shouldn’t press any buttons until the home screen appears. Use your login details in order to take control over your Note 2 AT&T and AOKP 4.4.4 KitKat Nightly ROM.
In case the first boot process of AOKP 4.4.4 custom ROM doesn’t complete after ten minutes, then you should try to repeat the whole guide more than once. Make sure not to skip any steps and to apply the ‘factory reset’, too. For extra help use the comments field below.