Official AOKP 4.4.4 KitKat Nightlies are available now for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE smartphone. Use this tutorial if you want to update your device with it without bricking its firmware.
In this new ROM you will find tons of new features and functions that should breath new life for your smartphone. In case you wish to learn more about this release you can check the AOKP blog web page here. It packs all the AOKP 4.4.4 KitKat features as well as multiple ones designed by the AOKP team.
If you want to flash this new ROM on your phone, then you should first take a look at the preparation info below:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE device.
– this should work with all the LTE models of Note 3.
– do not attempt to update any other Android devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- for this tutorial to work you will need to have a rooted Note 3 LTE device.
– note that you also need to have a custom Recovery installed on it.
- in the tutorial you will find two extra preparation steps: the NANDROID ROM Backup and Factory Reset.
– the NANDROID Backup will set a restore point for your device, one that can be used in case your device doesn’t boot with the new ROM.
– Factory Reset has to be applied so that you will get rid of all the files that were added by the previous ROM.
– if you’re currently running an older AOKP 4.4.x Nightly build, then you can skip the ‘factory reset’ step.
- users who wish to save data from installed apps, SMS text messages or any other type of file should try to use Helium for Android.
– sync Contacts and People details with your default Gmail account -> tutorial here for those of you that don’t know how to sync such files.
- read the entire post, don’t skip any steps and you should be able to complete the guide in no time.
– don’t blame us in case your device cannot boot in normal mode.
- check the battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, it will prevent the phone from switching off during installation.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to flash AOKP 4.4.4 Nightly ROM for Galaxy Note 3 LTE:
- Download the AOKP ‘hlte’ Nightly KitKat zip from here or here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Connect the phone to computer, then move both zip files on to its internal storage.
– after the files are copied you can disconnect the phone from PC.
– do not unzip the files.
- Power off the phone now.
- Next, boot the Galaxy Note 3 LTE in CWM / TWRP Recovery Mode.
– both CWM and TWRP will work with this tutorial.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s installed on your device.
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: press Backup option.
– confirm the process.
- Now apply the Factory Reset for your phone:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
– confirm the factory reset and continue to the next step when you’re done.
- Install the new ROM:
– CWM: Select ‘install zip from sdcard’ > ‘choose zip from sdcard’ options.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Find the AOKP 4.4.4 KitKat zip file and confirm the installation.
- After the ROM is flashed you should install the Gapps zip, too.
– use the same actions as in step 9.
- Reboot your phone in normal mode.
– note that the first boot process of this new ROM will take a while before it loads all the new AOKP files.
- Use your Google account info in order to take control over your device again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation process of AOKP 4.4.4 KitKat for your Galaxy Note 3 LTE.
In case the installation fails, then you should try to repeat the whole guide more than once. Make sure that you won’t skip any steps in case you try to repeat the whole guide.