Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GSM LTE “t0lte” model has received the official AOKP 4.4.4 Nightly ROM build. Use this post if you want to learn how to successfully install it on your device.
Before starting the update you should check the info here in order to learn more about this release. Also, read the guidelines below, so that you will make sure that your phone is ready for the installation process:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GSM LTE variant, codename “t0lte”.
– do not try to update any other smartphones with the files that you will find in this article as you might brick its firmware.
- your Note 2 GSM LTE device has to be rooted and running the latest CWM / TWRP custom Recovery build.
- in the ‘how-to’ part of this post you will find two extra preparation steps:
– the NANDROID ROM Backup: it creates a full restore point for your smartphone.
– the Factory Reset: it removes all the files of the currently installed ROM.
– if your phone is running a previous build of AOKP 4.4.x ROM then you can skip the ‘factory reset’.
– factory reset doesn’t wipe the internal nor external storage of your device.
- if you wish to save data from installed apps use Helium for Android.
– if you want to sync Contacts details then you should do it with your Gmail account.
- this is a guide for more advanced users who want to test new custom ROMs on their smartphones.
- read the whole guide, don’t skip any steps and you should be fine.
- note that we cannot be blamed in case you brick the device nor in case you end up losing any sensible data files.
- check the battery power level of your Note 2 GSM LTE device and make sure that it is over 50%, it will prevent the phone from switching off during installation.
Since you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to flash AOKP 4.4.4 Nightlies for your Galaxy Note 2 GSM LTE:
- Download the AOKP t0lte Nightly ROM zip from here or here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Connect your phone to your computer, then move both zip files to internal storage.
– if you’ve downloaded the files straight to your phone, then you can skip step.
– do not unzip the files.
– make sure that your device is disconnected from your PC.
- Power off the phone, then boot it in CWM / TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: press Backup.
– set a name for the files and confirm process.
- Apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
– confirm factory reset.
- Now start the installation of AOKP 4.4.4 Nightly for your Galaxy Note 2 GSM LTE:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
– find the ROM zip file and confirm the installation.
- After the AOKP KitKat Nightly is flashed you need to install Gapps zip. Use the same actions as in step 7.
- Reboot your phone in normal mode when all files are flashed successfully.
– note that the AOKP KK Nightly first boot process takes a while before it loads all files.
- Use your login info in order to take control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to install a new custom ROM for your phone.
If you need extra help, use the comments section below.