The AOKP 4.4.4 KitKat Nightly is now live for the Samsung Galaxy S3 non-LTE device, you can use this tutorial if you want to learn how to install it on your smartphone.
AOKP 4.4.4 Nightlies are based on AOSP Android 4.4.4 KitKat obviously, but these are also packing multiple new features designed by the AOKP team. If you want to learn more about it, then you can check the info listed here.
Before starting the installation process you will have to take a look at the preparation guide below:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300.
– check the model number under Settings> About Phone.
– if the I9300 model isn’t listed, then you will have to close this guide.
– don’t try to update any other Android devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- your Galaxy S3 I9300 has to be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery image.
- in the tutorial you will find two extra preparation steps and you shouldn’t skip them.
– the first one will tell you to apply a NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s already installed on your device.
– the second one will have to applying a factory reset for your device.
– the factory reset only removes the previous ROM and the data on the system partition, no files will be removed from the internal / external storage.
- if you want to save data from installed apps then you can use Helium tool for Android.
- sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- read the whole guide, don’t skip any steps and use the tutorial only if you’re an advanced Android user.
– do not blame us in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any files in the process.
- check the battery power level of your phone and make sure that it is over 50%.
Since you’ve read all of the above you can now continue to the next part of this post and learn how to flash a custom ROM on your International SGS3 device.
How to flash AOKP 4.4.4 Nightly ROM for Galaxy S3 I9300:
- Download the AOKP I9300 4.4.4 Nightly zip from here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Move both zip files to your phone’s internal storage.
– don’t unzip the contents of the zips.
- Switch off the phone now completely.
- Next, boot your Galaxy S3 in CWM / TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: press Backup.
– set a name for the backup file and confirm process, then continue to the next step.
- Apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
– confirm process.
- Now you can start the installation of AOKP 4.4.4 Nightly on your Galaxy S3 I9300:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
– find the AOKP 4.4.4 I9300 zip file and confirm the installation.
- After the ROM is flashed you can install the Gapps zip, too. Use the same options as in step 8.
- Return to the main recovery screen when both files are flashed with success.
- Reboot your Galaxy S3 I9300 in normal mode now.
– note that the first boot process of this new ROM will take a while before it loads all the new files.
- Use your login info in order to take control over your phone once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to install AOKP 4.4.4 Nightly for your Galaxy S3 I9300.
For any extra help use the comments field below.