The AOKP 4.4.4 Nightly is now live for the Sony Xperia Z2 and you can use this tutorial if you want to install it successfully.
With this new release you will get the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat AOSP stock build as well as tons of new features added by the AOKP team. Check more about AOKP and their builds here or here. Check the guidelines below before starting the installation process:
- use this tutorial only with the Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone, codenamed ‘sirius’.
– do not attempt to install the ROM on any other Android devices.
- your phone has to be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery build.
– you can install the new ROM using any other custom Android Recovery image.
- the ‘how-to’ part of this guide contains the NANDROID backup and the Factory Reset steps.
– the NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your device, you can use it in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– the ‘factory reset’ allows you to remove all the data installed by the previous ROM.
– do not skip this steps.
- if you want to save some data from the installed apps, then you should use Helium for Android.
– sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- this is a guide for advanced users, do not blame us in case you brick the phone.
- read the whole guide and make sure not to skip any steps in the process.
- check the battery power level of your phone and make sure that it is over 50%, it will prevent the device from switching off during installation.
Now that you know all that you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to flash AOKP 4.4.4 Nightly ROM for your Sony Xperia Z2 device:
- Download the ROM zip file from here or here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Connect your Xperia Z2 with your PC and then move both zip files on to its internal storage.
– after the files are copied you can disconnect the device from computer.
– if you’ve used the device to download these files, then you can skip this step.
- Power off the Sony Xperia Z2 now.
- Next, boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- First thing that you have to do is to create a full NANDROID ROM Backup for the already installed OS:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: press Backup.
– set a name for the file and confirm process.
- Now you can apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
– confirm the process and then continue to the next step.
- Begin the Installation process of the new AOKP 4.4.4 Nightly ROM for your Xperia Z2:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Find the new ROM file and confirm the process.
- After the ROM is installed you need to flash the Gapps zip, too.
- When all the new files are flashed you should return to the main Recovery screen.
- Reboot your phone now in normal mode.
– note that the first boot process of this new ROM will take a while before it loads all the new files.
- Use your login details in order to take control over your Xperia Z2 one again.
Now that you’ve completed the installation of AOKP 4.4.4 KitKat for your Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone you can start testing all of its new features.
Tell us in comments if you cannot complete the guide and in case you’re having problems installing all the files.