Avatar ROM team has launched the Nightly builds based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Use this tutorial in order to learn how to successfully update your smartphone without bricking its firmware.
Avatar Nightly Android 4.3 custom ROM packs AOSP Jelly Bean features, CyanogenMod tools and other things from different popular custom ROMs. For more info about this release, take a look at the developer’s web site here. For this new custom ROM to install correctly, you will first need to take a look at the preparation guide below:
- This post works exclusively with the Samsung Galaxy Note model number N7000.
- do not attempt to flash the files you find in the tutorial on any other different Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone.
- Your phone has to be rooted, factory unlocked and running a custom Recovery such as CWM or TWRP.
- The tutorial will ask you to ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, which is why you need to know that you’ll lose data from system partition.
- factory reset will not delete contents from internal nor external storage.
- It would be best for you to create a full NANDROID Backup of the ROM that is currently installed on your device.
- this will add a restore point for your device, one that can be used in case the new Avatar ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
- If you to backup data from installed applications, then you can use one of these apps: Helium – link here; Titanium Backup – link here.
- SMS, Call Logs info and APN Internet Settings can be backed up using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore.
- Sync People details and Contacts info with your Gmail account.
- for those of you who don’t know how to do that, then use the info listed here.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- Check the phone’s battery and make sure that its power level is over 50%, so that the Galaxy Note won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
- This guide is for advanced users, read all the info and make sure that you don’t skip any steps.
- Note that we cannot be blamed in case you brick your phone or lose any important data in the process.
- If you have problems completing the tutorial, then you should ask for extra help in comments.
How to flash Avatar Nightly Android 4.3 custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000:
- Download the Avatar custom ROM file from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.3 custom ROMs from here.
- Connect your device to your computer using the USB Data cable.
- Move both zip files on your device’s internal storage, then disconnect the phone from PC.
- Power off the Galaxy Note.
- Boot it in Custom Recovery Mode:
- it can be done by pressing Volume Up, Home and Power buttons all at the same time.
- both CWM and TWRP are supported by this tutorial.
- First, create the NANDROID Backup for the ROM that is now installed on your device:
- CWM: select ‘backup and restore’ option, then save the file on your internal storage.
- TWRP: press Backup, rename the file and swipe to confirm backup.
- Next, apply the Factory Reset for your Note N7000 device:
- CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm the process.
- TWRP: press Wipe, then swipe to factory reset.
- Now you can flash the Avatar Nightly custom ROM:
- CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the ROM zip and confirm its installation.
- TWRP: press Install, then find the ROM file. Confirm the installation.
- After the ROM is flashed, repeat the step 9 action. Flash the Gapps file too.
- When both files are installed then you should return to the first screen of the Recovery Mode.
- Reboot your smartphone now.
- the first boot process of this new ROM will take a while to load all the required files.
- do not press any buttons until the Android 4.3 home screen appears.
- Enter your Google Account details and take control over your smartphone once again.
Now that you’ve completed all of the above, start testing the new custom ROM for your Galaxy Note N7000.
Note: in case the device doesn’t complete the first boot process of Avatar ROM, the phone enters into a boot loop or it boots, but it shows too many force closing errors, then you will need to repeat the entire tutorial once again. Make sure that you apply the ‘factory reset’ step.
If you have any other questions regarding the installation of Avatar Android 4.3 Nightly ROM for Galaxy Note N7000, then you should post them in the comments field below. Also, if you don’t like the new ROM, then you can restore your device to its previous OS using the Backup file created in step 7.