Asus Transformer TF300T is a tablet computer that was launched at the beginning of May. Here you can find instructions on how to successfully install CWM recovery software on it.
CWM Recovery allows you to install custom ROMs and do any other hacks on this tablet. Read all the info listed in this post and make sure to ask for help in comments just in case you cannot complete the installation process. This guide should only be applied on TF300T devices and you shouldn’t try to apply it on any other Android smartphones.
Before we can move to the tutorial guide you should read the preparation guide to be sure that you won’t damage anything. Also, in case something goes wrong then you shouldn’t blame us as you are installing the CWM recovery at your own risk and any problems you might encounter are only your faults. It is recommended for you to be an advanced Android user that knows how to work around Android unlock processes and custom recovery installations. Here’s what you need to know:
- The Asus Transformer TF300T should have its bootloader unlocked. If not, then you need to visit Asus’ Support web page HERE. From the OS dropdown menu select Android, then Utilities and after that you have to download the Unlock Device App tool. This needs to used to unlock your device’s bootloader. Note that this will void its warranty.
- You should try to backup your important files that are currently stored on your TF300T.
- Android SDK should’ve be installed on your Windows computer and you should know how to use it.
- Make sure to disable the antivirus programs that are currently opened on your PC.
That’s all you that you need to know. Now you’re free to move to the tutorial guide and learn how to successfully install CWM Recovery. This software will afterwards help you root the device.
Make sure to read all the steps I’ve listed in the ‘how-to’ guide and that you know how to use cmd, fastboot and ADB. Remember that you’re installing this software at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible if something goes wrong and the device gets bricked.
How to install CWM Recovery on Asus Transformer TF300T tablet computer:
- Download the CWM recovery image file from HERE.
- Download fastboot zip file from here.
- Extract fastboot.zip contents in your computers C:\ Windows partition. Name the folder ‘fastboot’ and it should hold four files within after the extraction is complete.
- Now, you have to move the .recovery.img file you’ve downloaded at step 1 and place it in the ‘fastboot’ folder created at step 3.
- Power OFF your TF300T tablet.
- Now press and hold the ‘power’ and ‘volume down’ buttons until an alert message is displayed on its screen. It says ‘Press volume up to enter RCK (5s), but you shouldn’t do that, just wait for those 5 seconds to pass and after that you will need to press ‘volume down’ instead to choose the USB icon in less than 10 seconds.
- Press volume UP to confirm. In case you didn’t manage to complete this action, then your device will boot into Android and you will be forced to repeat steps 6 and 7 until you manage to do it right.
- Now, open the Command Prompt on your PC.
- Now you will have to enter the following command lines in the ‘cmd’ screen. After you’ve typed each command then you will have to press Enter to confirm them. Here are the commands to be entered in command prompt:
- cd c:\Fastboot
- fastboot devices
- fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery.img
Now your device holds the CWM Recovery and you can enter recovery by powering off the Asus Transform TF300T and pressing and holding ‘volume down’ + ‘power’ buttons until you see a message ‘press volume up to enter RCK (5s)’. Press volume Up and then your device will boot into CWM recovery mode.
That’s it, now you’re free to search for rooting guides and install new custom ROMs on your tablet computer. Make sure to check our root Asus Transformer and update Asus Transformer sections to find related guides that will help you improve your overall Asus Android experience. If you have any extra questions then please feel free to post in our comments section.