The Galaxy Tab 2 GT P3100 model number with 7.0 inch display has now support for installing CWM Recovery and you can learn how to do it by following the instructions listed in this post. Go ahead with this guide only if your device is a GT-P3110 Galaxy Tab 2 with a 7.0 inch display and if you’re an Advanced Android user who knows his way around Odin and custom recovery image flashing.
CWM Recovery has to be installed first and only after that you will be able to root the device. Also, after the root you will be able to install new custom ROMs and the overall performances of your device will be greatly improved. Before we can start to install clockworkmod recovery, you will first have to read the preparation guide and learn what actions you need to take in order to correctly prepare your computer and your tablet device and make sure that you manage to complete the tutorial at your first attempt.
Here’s what you need to know before moving to the how-to guide:
- this tutorial will work only with the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 model number GT P3100. Do not install this CWM Recovery on any other device as it will simply not work or, in some cases, your device won’t work.
- your computer should have the Samsung USB Drivers installed. You can install them via KIES, but after that you will need to make sure that KIES doesn’t run when you’re applying the CWM Recovery files.
- Disable all the antivirus / antimalware and firewalls currently running on your PC. This will prevent those apps from interfering with the installation of clockworkmod.
- make sure that the tablet’s battery is fully charged so that it won’t power off.
- you should backup all your important data. Move the files on your device’s external sdcard or you can choose to transfer them, using the USB cable, on your computer.
- if you wish to save applications, SMS texts, Call Logs info and APN Settings, then I strongly recommend you to use these apps: AppBAK for Android apps backups | SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Backup & Restore.
- Also, contacts can be synced with your Gmail account so that you won’t lose your friends’ phone numbers.
I think that these are all the guidelines you had to read and now you’re free to move to the tutorial. Remember that you’re installing these files at your own risk and we cannot be held responsible in case you damage your device. Also, use the comments section to ask for our help. Read all the steps and make sure that you understand the actions you’re about to take.
How to install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT P3100 tablet:
- Download the CWM Recovery files from here. Save the ‘recovery’ tar.md5 on your computer’s desktop.
- Download Odin 3 v1.85 zip from here. Extract its contents into a single zip file.
- Power off the tablet device.
- Boot it into Download Mode. To enter it you need to press and hold Volume UP + Power buttons. When you see the android warning alert you should press Volume Down and your device will load download mode.
- Launch Odin executable.
- Next, connect your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablet to your computer via USB cable.
- In Odin you should notice a message saying ‘added’. This means that the USB drivers are installed correctly and you are allowed to move to the next step.
- Click ‘PDA’ and then browse for the ‘recovery.tar.md5′ file.
- Hit the START button and ODIN will begin the installation of CWM Recovery.
- When the install is finished you will see that the Odin screen turns green and your Tab 2 device will restart.
- Disconnect it from your PC and you’re done.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed Clockworkmod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT P3100 device. In case ODIN gets stuck or you cannot complete the installation because of any other message then you should re-read the entire article and this time you should make sure that you respect all the instructions I’ve listed above.
Also, you can ask for our help in comments and we will try to give you the best solutions. After you install CWM Recovery you can go to rooting guide and learn how to gain root access. After you do that, you will be able to install new custom ROMs on your tablet, software that will eventually will improve the overall performances of your Galaxy Tab 2 3G P3100.