Users who managed to root their Verizon Galaxy S3 devices with the model number I535 will now be able to flash CWM Recovery image by reading this guide. Read all the instructions I’ve listed and you will be able to install the ClockworkMod Recovery fast and easy if you’re an advanced Android user.
CWM Recovery is essential for every Android phone that was rooted, as it allows users to install and flash Custom ROMs that will improve the overall performances of their phones along with tons of options to customize and optimize the whole Android ROM. Use this tutorial only if you’re running a rooted Galaxy S3 on Verizon and make sure to read the preparation guide info to learn how to properly configure the computer and your smartphone for the installation process.
Here’s what you need to know before installing CWM Recovery on Verizon S3 phone:
- Root your devices using this guide HERE.
- Enable USB debugging option on your Android phone.
- Charge the phone’s battery so that it won’t power OFF while flashing the ClockworkMod Recovery image.
- Disable the antivirus and antimalware programs that might be running on your phone.
- Install this CWM Recovery only on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 devices with the I535 model number.
- The tutorial guide should be applied only by advanced Android users. In case you’re a beginner you should try and read this tutorial multiple times and make sure that you know exactly how to apply the files. Also, you can try to read other tutorials.
- Note that we cannot be held responsible in case you damage your device during the installation of custom recovery image and you should know that you’re applying these changes at your own risk.
That’s all you had to read in order to correctly prepare for the install process and now you can move to the tutorial and start installing the custom recovery image file. In case you cannot install CWM then you should ask for our help in comments, but, make sure to explain exactly what steps you took and where you got stuck. When you’re set move to the ‘how-to’ guide and start the flash process of CWM-based Recovery image.
How to install Clockworkmod Recovery on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 I535
- Download the CWM recovery image file from HERE.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.
- Move the recovery.img file on your Galaxy S3 Verizon internal sdcard. Don’t create new folders, just drop the file on the internal sd card main folder.
- Disconnect your phone from your PC.
- Download and install Terminal Emulator application on your phone – Google Play Store download link.
- Launch the Terminal Emulator app and move to the next step.
- In TE app enter the following command: su
- Press ‘Allow/ Grant’ button to allow root access for Terminal Emulator.
- Next, enter this command to install the CWM Recovery file: dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
- That will install the Clockworkmod Recovery on your phone and now you should test to see if it was successfully installed. Enter this command in TE app: reboot recovery
- Your Galaxy S3 Verizon phone will restart into CWM Recovery menu and you can use it to flash new custom ROMs and other files and applications that can be installed only by using this method. To reboot your phone into normal Android mode select the ‘reboot system now’ from the CWM Recovery main menu and wait for this process to complete.
That should do it, now your phone has CWM Recovery installed and you can start browsing the web for new custom ROM installations. In case you got stuck and you didn’t manage to flash the files, you should post in comments all the details and we will try to help you complete the installation. Remember that you’ve installed these files at your own risk and you shouldn’t blame us in case your phone got damaged or you lost files during the installation.